PDA

View Full Version : best song for karaoke

beerbandit
07-24-2004, 10:16 AM
i enjoy reading these threads---it makes work go much faster

i was at the bar for karaoke and heard some stupid songs.
im terrible at it but i enjoy going with my friends. two of the better songs (that were sang well) recently have been "rollin' on a river" i think and "i believe in a thing called love". that darkness song was pretty damn good the guy even hit all the high notes.

beer

Sponger15SB
07-24-2004, 12:00 PM
i don't really think i see a big difference between "karaoke" and "singing" songs? why 2 threads...

youtalkfunny
07-25-2004, 01:45 AM
The key to Karaoke: pick a song the audience likes.

I won a contest once, that I had no business winning. The girl who should've won, picked a song that put everyone to sleep.

There are a dozen songs that I can sing better than "New York, New York", but when cash is on the line, I'm trotting that sucker out.

(Nothing sadder than the guy who goes to karaoke alone. Gets up, sings his song, then returns to his empty table. Very sad, indeed. Poor man needs some attention. My favorite: the guy I saw one night who got from the empty table, sang his song, replaced the mike on the mike-stand, and walked off the stage and out the door--that's sad on so many levels.)

Kevin
07-25-2004, 01:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Nothing sadder than the guy who goes to karaoke alone. Gets up, sings his song, then returns to his empty table. Very sad, indeed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, sometimes singing in the shower just doesn't give the fulfillment of an audience and a microphone.

[ QUOTE ]
My favorite: the guy I saw one night who got from the empty table, sang his song, replaced the mike on the mike-stand, and walked off the stage and out the door

[/ QUOTE ]

For goodness sakes! I had to be at the office at 5:30 AM!

Daliman
07-26-2004, 01:10 PM
Finally a subject I have trump experience over most of this forum with...

I recently won $2500 in a karaoke contest singing "You make me feel like dancing" I have sung this song EASILY 200 times, and my audience responses range from great to bring-the-house-down standing ovations. Now, if you know this song, you know it ain't for everyone's vocal chords. Luckily, Daliman was blessed with small testes and a high voice. Invariably, however, I'm asked if I do any other Bee Gees songs.

I used to go out 4-5 times a week for karaoke, but alas, married with Dalibaby now, so only every 3 months or so. I also met my wife while singing "Let's Get It On", so karaoke has a bit of a thread through my recent life.

Anyways, if you have a good falsetto, guys can't go wrong with Bee Gees. Any song with singalong (e.g. Minnie the moocher, Lovin, touchin, squeezin', etc.) is usually a hit, given the crowd(always play to the likely musical tendencies of the crowd.) Kitchsy 80's hair band stuff does well too, although "wanted dead or alive is WAY overdone"). Mothe rrecommendation is to sing songs you think you or the crowd would like to hear at a party or on the jukebox.

Songs no one ever wants to hear again at Karaoke, yet you hear them almost every time you go..

" My heart will go on"
" You Oughta Know"
" I will survive"
" I will always love you"
" You've lost that loving feeling"
" my way"( unless it's the sid vicious version)

Cubswin
07-26-2004, 01:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Luckily, Daliman was blessed with small testes and a high voice

[/ QUOTE ]

Blessed you say.... LOL /images/graemlins/grin.gif

jwvdcw
07-26-2004, 01:56 PM
basically any song where most of the audience will know and sing along with the chorus, all words are understandable, and its catchy. Songs like What I Got, Yellow Submarine, and I love Rock N Roll are all good examples.

SpiderMnkE
07-26-2004, 02:16 PM
All Karaoke strategy posts need to be redirected to the dobble ya dobble ya dobble dot homoPlushomo dot com forums.

Thank you

sfer
07-26-2004, 04:22 PM
This discussion begins and ends with Superfreak.

codewarrior
07-26-2004, 08:04 PM
Four men in boots and hats in a cowboy bar that can sing "7 Bridges Road" by the Eagles in four-part. Never fails. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Duke
07-27-2004, 02:23 AM
Classical Gas

~D

jagoff
07-27-2004, 10:49 AM
I won a karaoke contest once with 2 gems (this was back in the day circa 1999)...
"Ants Marching" DMB
"Roadhouse Blues" The Doors

The people went nuts for the first song and I do a decent Dave voice. I do a better Jim Morrison voice however so when the song came on and I did "Well I woke up this morning and I grabbed myself a beer" lyric, people just threw their hands in the air and the contest was over!

PS I used to sing in a cover band so that helped

astroglide
07-27-2004, 12:50 PM
Classical Gas

yeah karaoke doesn't get better than that

beerbandit
07-27-2004, 03:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dalibaby

[/ QUOTE ]

thats funny

beer

Philuva
07-27-2004, 06:14 PM
Sister Christian. Everyone loves the breakdown section when you get to yell, "Motoring...."