PDA

View Full Version : Could I have played this better? Where was the leak?

banditdad
07-24-2004, 02:23 AM
Should I have known this was going bad when he raise me on the turn?

Absolute Poker 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (5 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, MP folds, Button folds, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (2.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks.

Final Pot: 6.50 BB

huxbux
07-24-2004, 02:45 AM
The standard micro-limit play is to wait until the turn to play trips. But without a read on UTG, I can't say you should have done anything different. I don't assume any loose player is holding the 5 until he gives me more of a reason then just a single raise. He could just as likely hold a 9 as a 5. The pot is laying 5.5 to 1 for a turn call, not withstanding the call you expect to make on the river. So you'd have to be 85% certain he's holding a 5 or 99 to fold.

tardigrade
07-24-2004, 04:12 AM
I think you played this one fine. Unless you have a good read on your player, you're shorthanded and heads-up when you are raised on the turn and need to protect yourself from being easily bluffed out of a pot. A fold to the turn raise is pretty weak play here and will invite more of the same. The more you know your player, the more you'll know whether to call this or not. By default, call. After you have been raised, the check on the river is fine. Since your guy checked through, I'm assuming you had a pretty good shot at your hand being good. Outkicked?

Siingo
07-24-2004, 08:26 AM
I would have played the hand the same way! With no reads I would have feared AJ JJ 99 or j9 and checked the river.