PDA

View Full Version : How to crush low limit holdem 1/2 2/4

KeithF40
07-24-2004, 01:08 AM
This 1/2 2/4 limit holdem at pp is killing me. Im all over the place. Noone folds ever. But what hands should I play preflop. Plus people dont raise with obvious raising hands. Its like loose timid. Can someone possibly refer me to a post on crushining these types of low limit hold em games. Also I need to know what to play preflop cause the pros advice on regular games is not helping here. Thanks.

jacki
07-24-2004, 01:10 AM
I heard there was some book written by some guy recently published by some company....

KeithF40
07-24-2004, 01:15 AM
Thanks any more info. Possibly a post to refer to. It would really help. Thanks.

illunious
07-24-2004, 01:21 AM
Your post was really a clusterf--- of questions.

Start by reading all the links and sub-links in this (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=560368&page=0&view=collap sed&sb=7&o=14&fpart=1#560368) thread. Won't help you much with preflop strategy, but it will help a lot.

Greg J
07-24-2004, 01:28 AM
That is a great link. Keith I suggest you go to that. Read, study, post hands, and your game will improve. You will eventually learn that these guys that play crap are GOOD for you.

Welcome to the boards /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Farrquaad
07-24-2004, 02:51 PM
I've been playing for about a month. It hasn't taken me long to realize that I have to spend time here, posting hands & studying the responses as well as studying many other posts. Improving is going to take time.

I have adopted the approach similar to my college days: for every hour I spend at the table, I spend three hours studying.

It is frustrating at times, but I think that's part of the learning process. I can't think of anything worth learning that didn't totally frustrate me at some point.

Wahoo91
07-24-2004, 02:57 PM
At the risk of being obvious, the best book for you is "Winning Low Limit Holdem" by Lee Jones. It covers the types of games you find at the micro-limits on-line.

Psyonic
07-24-2004, 05:18 PM
I'm pretty sure that the 2nd poster was hinting about this book... but I'll just come out and say it. Get "Small Stakes Hold'Em" written in part by forum poster Ed Miller and DS and MM. That book should guide you on your way.

Nottom
07-24-2004, 05:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks any more info. Possibly a post to refer to. It would really help. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really have a hard time believing you don't knowwhat book he is referring to if you been reading these forums for more a day and a half.

If you are a complete newbie, I apologize and instead instruct you to hit the back button on your browser until you arrive at the twoplustwo main page and buy the bright red book staring back at you at you

Airpoaneman
07-24-2004, 05:56 PM
Also does anyone know what a very good bb/hour is for low limit games? I have been crunching out 45bb/h today.

bisonbison
07-24-2004, 05:58 PM
Also does anyone know what a very good bb/hour is for low limit games? I have been crunching out 45bb/h today.

You're my favorite worthless poster.

Airpoaneman
07-24-2004, 06:11 PM
And your my favorite worthless dead beat

bisonbison
07-24-2004, 06:25 PM

Those kids are five years old, they can work for a living. I'm sick and tired of piggybacking their asses through life.

btspider
07-24-2004, 06:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that's an ok win rate. i've got one guy in my poker tracker who is crushing the game for 512.50 BB per 100 hands. the dude is damn good. the epitome of tight aggressive. he folded PF on the first hand i saw him get. on the second, and last, hand i saw him play he was dealt KK and aggressively played it to victory.

bdk3clash
07-24-2004, 07:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that's an ok win rate. i've got one guy in my poker tracker who is crushing the game for 512.50 BB per 100 hands. the dude is damn good. the epitome of tight aggressive. he folded PF on the first hand i saw him get. on the second, and last, hand i saw him play he was dealt KK and aggressively played it to victory.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's such a small sample size, though. You'd probably need like 4 or 5 hands to accurately gauge his win-rate.

bdk3clash
07-24-2004, 07:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The irony of you calling bison worthless is beyond staggering. Please go away.

tardigrade
07-24-2004, 07:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That's such a small sample size, though. You'd probably need like 4 or 5 hands to accurately gauge his win-rate.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree in the typical case, but with that kind of tight-aggressive play, this guy probably wins a sizable pot with pocket kings at least every two hands. If anything, the small sample size is bringing down his stats.

Do you have his table name, so I can avoid him in the future?

Nottom
07-24-2004, 08:51 PM
I dunno, he's seeing 50% of his flops. Seems like a LAG on a hot streak.

RcrdBoy
07-24-2004, 09:28 PM
You guys are an f'ing riot.

Really.

KeithF40
07-24-2004, 10:51 PM
Im new to this site. I own 2 Sklansky books but I find his strategies to be too complex for the players I am playing against. For instance I raise preflop on the button. Flop brings ace I bet. Next card is another ace guy bets at me from first position I raise he calls. Why. Isnt it obvious I have an ace. These are the people I am playing against and I raise and he calls instead of just folding. River comes and I bet and he folds.

cold_cash
07-24-2004, 11:09 PM
Wait, bison's NOT worthless?

Why didn't someone tell me? Thanks a lot you guys.

bisonbison
07-24-2004, 11:15 PM
Wait, bison's NOT worthless? Why didn't someone tell me? Thanks a lot you guys.

It happens.

Nottom
07-24-2004, 11:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Im new to this site. I own 2 Sklansky books but I find his strategies to be too complex for the players I am playing against. For instance I raise preflop on the button. Flop brings ace I bet. Next card is another ace guy bets at me from first position I raise he calls. Why. Isnt it obvious I have an ace. These are the people I am playing against and I raise and he calls instead of just folding. River comes and I bet and he folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aren't these the people you want to be playing against? People who call down while basically drawing dead?

Anyway, like I said the book you want is Small Stacks Hold'Em by Ed Miller (and co-authored by S&M). It is written specifically for games where you opponents are really bad like the one's you describe. It contains some pretty advanced concepts but explains them incredibly well IMO.

purnell
07-27-2004, 01:10 PM
And this is a problem for you because...

No, really, sorry to be sarcastic. Here's a link that you might appreciate: Joe Tall's Brilliant Bit of Satire (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/favlinker.php?Cat=&Entry=11815&F_Board=holdem&Thre ad=491819&partnumber=1&postmarker=)

And, from a fellow newbie, Welcome, and you have no idea yet how lucky you were to have found this forum. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

P.S. you should also check out this thread Favorite threads courtesy of Illunious (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=560368&page=&view=&sb=5&o =&vc=1)

chief444
07-27-2004, 01:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Can someone possibly refer me to a post on crushining these types of low limit hold em games.

[/ QUOTE ]
I've read 20+ poker books, these boards for 6 months and played many sessions and here I find out there is a post somewhere I could have read instead. Why didn't anyone tell me? /images/graemlins/mad.gif

bdk3clash
07-27-2004, 01:35 PM
I'm going to say this as non-condescendingly as possible, since condescension is not my intent: people that ask questions like this are just not ready for "Small Stakes Hold'em."

"Winning Low Limit Hold'em" would be a much more appropriate first book. They really are for completely different audiences.

banditdad
07-27-2004, 02:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Your post was really a clusterf--- of questions.

Start by reading all the links and sub-links in this (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=560368&page=0&view=collap sed&sb=7&o=14&fpart=1#560368) thread. Won't help you much with preflop strategy, but it will help a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the threads. Added them to my favorites to read at my leisure. It is amazing to me how much my game has improved in the short time I've been on 2+2.