PDA

View Full Version : multi-tabling across sites

Bubu
07-24-2004, 01:04 AM
Does anyone have any comments about adjusting their play
when multi-tabling different sites at the same time ?

I usually multi-table ub-short with party full ring. I think
that worked fine as the aggression levels were comparable.

Now (thanks to kotz)I have started playing at stars. I find
that the games are much more passive. If I try to play
party and starts together I start feeling sick as the
party beats start piling up. Maybe its just a bad run
of cards, but there are times I feel that I am going to
develop some sort of split personality.

Bubu

MicroBob
07-24-2004, 02:33 AM
this might be an interesting topic for the psych-forum...but is probably just as appopriate here.

i frequently multi-table across sites...and in different games too....i'll play an SNG on one site and play 2 short-tables on another.

or will play head to head against an idiot on one site and play a couple of full-tables on another.

i've been known to play limit hold-em and NL hold-em at the same time.

even though i'm the greatest player in the world i don't think my cross-site playing or mixing of games really interferes in my play that much.

for you situation....i'm not sure sure it should make THAT much of a difference.
even if you're 4-tabling on party, not all party tables play the same. although they are probably a bit closer to each other then 1 party and 1 stars would be i guess.

the obvious suggestion would be that if you think it affects your game negatively you shouldn't do it. i like your idea of mixing short on one site with full on another because you find the aggression levels to be similar. but obviously they can't be that similar can they??

GWB
07-24-2004, 09:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
even though i'm the greatest player in the world

[/ QUOTE ]

MicroBob, you are so humble. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

JayCo
07-24-2004, 11:29 AM
Like MicroBob, I also play a mix of games up to 4 or 5 tables of limit & No-Limit, SNG & cash, etc.

This will probably seem silly, but I've found a very helpful way (for my simple brain anyway) to organize them in my head. I put the highest $ value tables at the top of the screen, with tournaments on the left (or NL tables if I'm not playing any tourneys), and cash games on the right. (When possible, I also try to sit in a seat that will put me near the center of my moitor based on the relative table placement.)

You could do the same thing by putting the loosey-goosey tables on left (i.e., Party) and the tighty-righties on the right to help keep them sorted out unconsciously.

Every now and then 3 or 4 tables will be screaming for my attention at once, and without thinking about it I can properly prioritize just by starting at the top of the screen and working down.

J

Keith Fellmy
07-24-2004, 12:07 PM
get a 27" moniter. I got one and I can have 4 tables running with no overlap. So i can do 8 at once. it is hectic but it can be done. But I won a contest at Circuit City and got the moniter for free. Would have cost 3000 bucks.