PDA

View Full Version : Did I Play this correctly?

banditdad
07-23-2004, 11:26 PM
I tried to play this hand with the Pot Odds in mind. Did I do this correctly and did I fold at the right time?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif. CO posts a blind of $0.50.
Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO (poster) calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds, Hero calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds.

Flop: (15 SB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG+2 folds, MP2 calls.

Turn: (10 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

River: (15 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button folds, SB folds, Hero folds, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 21 BB

chief444
07-23-2004, 11:32 PM
I would lead the flop and hope MP2 raises. With this big of a pot and an overpair you should be thinking about how to win it not thinking you're behind and deciding whether to call or fold.

Greg J
07-23-2004, 11:44 PM
I think you should raise this preflop. I think you should definately bet the flop, or maybe checkraise, but i prefer a bet. The fold on the river is mournful, but you are beat. Even though the pot is big I don't like getting in the middle of a betting war with a third best hand.

Brian
07-23-2004, 11:45 PM
Check-calling the whole way with an overpair will rarely be the correct decision; you need to bet and/or raise to protect your hand. With your position relative to the pre-Flop raiser, you aren't really in a good position to get people out, but I would probably go for a check-raise on the Flop. If 3-bet, then you can go into calldown mode. I'm probably also making the crying call on the River getting 16:1. I'd also raise pre-Flop.

-Brian