PDA

View Full Version : Flop the nuts...how would you proceed?

brian0729
07-23-2004, 09:21 PM
Table is loose, not much on the aggressive or passive side. I dont really think reads are all that important on this one. I was chatting with another 2+2er as I played this hand and he suggested another path. How did I do and how would you play?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif. MP2 posts a blind of $2.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 (poster) checks, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks,

Flop: (7 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds.

Turn: (5 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, CO calls.

River: (10 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 12 BB, between CO and Hero.</font>

Thanks,
Brian

Trix
07-23-2004, 10:59 PM
Since the table is loose, I just bet my hand. Waiting till the turn slows most people down.

balkii
07-23-2004, 11:25 PM
Just bet the flop. If I accidentally checked and the CO bet, I would call, but I would lead the turn. The most likely turn bettor is the CO, and a checkraise will face the field with 2 BB. Not something you want to do. And even the CO might not bet, as he could very easily have been betting a weak hand on the flop that he will back off with now.

brian0729
07-24-2004, 05:17 AM
I normally am a flop bettor with all kinds of hands, so me betting the flop was not out of the question. I just couldnt see a whole lot of hands calling here. I couldnt see many of my opponents having much to play. The person I was chatting with suggested a turn bet as opposed to the turn check raise. But we did not talk about the flop much.

balkii
07-24-2004, 05:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I just couldnt see a whole lot of hands calling here. I couldnt see many of my opponents having much to play

[/ QUOTE ]

It's easy to convince yourself that when you flop a hand like this. Sometimes you'll bet and everyone will fold. But I really think it is best to just bet and hope for the best; people make irrational calls (and even raises) all the time, but you usually only win a fraction of their money most times. Count on them to make irrational calls here, but you'll win all their money this time.

jt1
07-24-2004, 08:50 AM
I would check the flop and see who bets. CO bet so i then just call and hope a higher card than an 8 hits on turn, but either way i would lead the turn.

I also think EV is the same whether you bet or check the flop.

Mike Gallo
07-24-2004, 02:53 PM
Brian,

I would have bet the flop. If I got raised on the flop, then I would have check raised the turn. If players called the flop bet, then I would bet again on the turn.

I think you lost some bets by checking the flop and check raising the turn.