PDA

View Full Version : QQ hand - capped preflop 3-ways with an Axx flop

btspider
07-23-2004, 09:00 PM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Fold or raise.. I raised. He 3-bets, he has an Ace. I think I barely have implied odds to try for a Q on the turn. Maybe not, if the 3-bet from a blind means AA much more often than normal.

Turn: (9 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

I should have capped, correct?

River: (15 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Call or raise if I capped the turn and he still leads?

Final Pot: 17 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 17 BB, between SB and Hero.</font>

dfscott
07-23-2004, 09:07 PM
I think raising the flop is correct here -- otherwise you'll be stuck calling the turn and river and never be sure if you're behind or not.

I'd definitely cap the turn. If he bets into you again on the river, I'd call. Otherwise, bet and call a raise. If he flips up AA, say "nh".

btspider
07-23-2004, 09:41 PM
I think that is the way to play it. I definitely wussed on the turn. This hand hit in the middle of another hand I posted and a third hand I will post, so things got hectic and I remembered he 3-bet from the blind so I wussed out on the turn. Very bad..

SB had AJs