1800GAMBLER
07-23-2004, 06:34 PM
Poker isn't hard.

radar5
07-23-2004, 10:23 PM
THATS MY ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michael Davis
07-24-2004, 04:50 AM
I'm fairly certain most of the people with lots of posts who claim to be winning are winning players.

The ones you know are full of crap are the ones who on their fourth or fifth post write:

"heyeveryone i beat partypoker for 25 bets a minute but latily my rate dropped too 23 bets and what am i doing wrong look at this hand were i raise kt utg and get sucked out by someguy who calls all the way with only one pair. please help i am realy getting beat by the moroons latily"

-Michael

kyro
07-24-2004, 06:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm fairly certain most of the people with lots of posts who claim to be winning are winning players.

The ones you know are full of crap are the ones who on their fourth or fifth post write:

"heyeveryone i beat partypoker for 25 bets a minute but latily my rate dropped too 23 bets and what am i doing wrong look at this hand were i raise kt utg and get sucked out by someguy who calls all the way with only one pair. please help i am realy getting beat by the moroons latily"

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

To quote Stewie Griffin...

"Hey....Shut up"

Martin Aigner
07-24-2004, 08:14 AM
I took the 68-80% option simply because due to online poker everybody can play the game and limit he/she feels comfortable in. Therefore there are so many beatable games that almost anybody who studies this game (which I think most of the posters here do) will be a winner.

Best regards

Martin Aigner

turnipmonster
07-24-2004, 12:11 PM
I think most people that post hands here and think about the game a lot are probably winning players. beating online games isn't exactly rocket science, as jay mentioned. I do wonder about the future however, since as evidenced by so many posters here it's relatively easy to become a very good player in under a year.

--turnipmonster

ElSapo
07-24-2004, 12:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
it's relatively easy to become a very good player in under a year.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would only amend this to read "it's very easy to become a relatively good player in under a year."

I beat these games, but I don't believe I'm a very good player. I simply think I'm better than many of the other players I play against.

HUSKER'66
07-24-2004, 12:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I beat these games, but I don't believe I'm a very good player. I simply think I'm better than many of the other players I play against.

[/ QUOTE ]

ElSapo is a smart man, game selection is the key.

I didn't vote...I'm giving it a few weeks for all of those 2+2'ers that ordered SSH to increase the percentage.

Husker

B Dids
07-24-2004, 01:26 PM
I've never understood why so many people think the players here are lying. As others have pointed out- the play is so horrible out there that you don't have to be exceptional to win. I know I'm not great- but I'm still winning at a pretty good rate.