PDA

View Full Version : 84-Sooted, Big Pot and Weak Draw

SnakeRat
07-23-2004, 06:17 PM
UTG limp-reraise does not represent strength.
MP3 is fairly aggressive/bluffy.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (15.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (9.75 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

River: (13.75 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 folds, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: 15.75 BB

Fold preflop?
Fold flop?
Raise/Fold turn? I think I should have raised here to protect my monster hand.

River play?
Any guesses on MP3's hand?

Comments Welcomed.

mikeyvegas
07-23-2004, 06:52 PM
This is a hand now that I'm folding pre-flop, that I used to routinly call with from the BB.

I think you have to call the flop bet, getting the kind of odds you're getting to hit you gutshot(17:1).

The turn, I think I decide to give up on this hand. Your 6 and 4 outs are F-ed, so you're pretty much drawing to the final 2 8's in the deck.

On the river, getting 14:1 on the call with all those players left to act behind you is dubious. I think I fold, but I wouldn't have made it this far.

cold_cash
07-23-2004, 08:05 PM
I would raise the turn and lead the river unless another club comes off, or someone puts up a fight after my turn raise.

mikeyvegas
07-23-2004, 09:04 PM
I'm an idiot, I just realized you turned tpnk. With that in mind, I guess I would lean towards raising the turn.

sthief09
07-23-2004, 09:48 PM
muck preflop. you have suited trash.

RAISE THE TURN. you have top pair and a gut shot, and you have the opportunity to charge EVERYONE 2 bets. why did you only call with top pair? just calling here is really really bad.

SnakeRat
07-23-2004, 10:10 PM
Yes I realize I made a hideous mistake on the turn, that will cost me the pot fairly often in this spot.

He flipped over 66 and I took down the pot thinking wow I must have dodged atleast half the deck.