PDA

View Full Version : how to handle a jerk playing on your table?

06-10-2002, 07:45 AM
if the jerk is just keep talking trying to annoy the heck out of you, how do you deal with this individual? just ignore him? tell him to shut up? or are there any other tricks?

06-10-2002, 12:30 PM
SEAT CHANGE!

06-10-2002, 12:41 PM
is he a bad player? if so, sit and put up with it...hell leave when hes bought enough racks.

if hes decent, just ignore him. and concentrate on the other players...

b

06-10-2002, 01:37 PM

06-10-2002, 03:41 PM
Try this, "You just saved me a bunch of money. I've been going to therapy to improve my self-esteem. No more! All I really need to do is hang around you."

06-10-2002, 04:59 PM
the right barb will come to you. be patient, deliver it when it comes, and then concentrate on the game again.

06-10-2002, 06:21 PM
Jerk turns over a full house and says " just the Nuts". My man turn over his quads and says " you think your holding the nuts, but all you got in your hand is your teeny little d-ck" !

06-11-2002, 01:22 AM
Tell him you're a little scared, your blood test just came back HIV positive. Then start coughing in his direction.

06-12-2002, 03:09 AM
I frequently just leave the game. I do this even if the person in question plays badly. I want to enjoy my time at the poker table and I appreciate a fast paced game. I'll sometimes go to a game that's not as good if I don't enjoy the one I'm in.

06-12-2002, 11:51 AM
why leave? if a player is 'trying' to annoy me, it isnt going to affect my play at all. and i get some entertainment out of watching his reaction to me beating him. if hes totally out of line, the dealer or floor guy should be called. i will not give a player the satisfaction of chasing me off a table just because hes saying stuff to me. he may remember that next time and try it again.

ive dealt with some of these morons. in fact, posted a couple hands that i played with them. 1 thing i found, when you beat them, they tend to shut up. especially the next session you play with them. sure, they may try to start up again, but giving no response, they dont get the reaction theyre looking for.

b

06-12-2002, 10:09 PM
Would you leave if Abdul sat down? Are there people who you don't like that will cause you to leave the table?

06-13-2002, 01:27 AM
I mainly consider leaving when there is a player in the game who slows the game way down. I'll also consider leaving if I think a much better game is available. Notice that a drunk, who plays badly, will also slow the game way down and playing less hands will also balance/compensate for winning more per hand played.

As per your Abdul question it's my policy not to comment on specific people. But I'll make an exception in this case. The answer is no -- he does not slow the game down.