PDA

View Full Version : Party 2/4: Calling HU on the turn and river with AA.

chesspain
07-23-2004, 04:28 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)

Although I have been playing mostly Paradise as of late in order to clear the remains of a bonus, I thought it was would be fun to return to the Party for some two-table action. I haven't been at this table very long, and neither player is known to me.

Preflop: chesspain is UTG+1 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">chesspain raises</font>, <font color="666666">6 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">chesspain bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">chesspain 3-bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, chesspain calls. <font color="blue"> Does anyone raise here, despite BB's stop-and-go?</font>

River: (8.25 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, chesspain calls.

Final Pot: 10.25 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 10.25 BB, between BB and chesspain.</font>

sthief09
07-23-2004, 04:32 PM
It really does look like he has a flush, but it's also possible he has top pair with the A /images/graemlins/club.gif. You're drawing dead if he has a flush, so I'd probably shy away from raising here. If I had the A /images/graemlins/club.gif then maybe.

MoreWineII
07-23-2004, 04:35 PM
I agree. I think I go into call-down mode here. You've made it clear what you have and your opponent still feels confident enough to bet into you. Unless he's total LAG, I've got to take my foot off of the gas pedal.

Sorry for the interweaving of me and you and us and what-not. Grammar r hard. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

sthief09
07-23-2004, 04:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry for the interweaving of me and you and us and what-not. Grammar r hard. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah I do that all the time.

colgin
07-23-2004, 04:45 PM
I play it exactly the same as you did.

Colgin

chesspain
07-23-2004, 05:45 PM
BB showed Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, and MHIG.