PDA

View Full Version : Amalyze this mess of a dream

Pokergod
07-23-2004, 04:10 PM
I play poker, a lot, usually 4 to 5 times a night in a 15-30 holdem and Omaha8 game. I've been losing lately, no big deal, and last night I had a good sized win.

That's the background, now here's the dream... There is a tournament going on, and I've busted out. They ask me to deal to one of the two remaining tables. I start to try to deal, but each time I shuffle the cards I bend or break one. I do this like five times in a row, and then I finally get them shuffled and then I misdeal.

This pattern goes on for about 15 minutes in the dream. In the meantime the blinds go up, the other table is cruising, the players are rolling their eyes, but no one says a word to me. Finally, I woke up.

What the heck is that all about? I've never dealt in a real game before, and I have no idea what the dream means.

-PG

andyfox
07-23-2004, 05:13 PM
I occasionally have a similar one. I'm involved in a big pot, and I have the nuts, and when I'm called on the river, I can't turn over my cards properly, or I only have one, or they change to losing cards.

I think it means we're idiots.

Mayhap
07-23-2004, 10:01 PM
I'll take a stab ....
No one says a word to you because they are you.
The dream says you need to adjust your relationship with the whole gestalt of randomness /luck/deviation in poker. You have a hard time accepting it.
off the top,
/M

Gamblor
07-24-2004, 01:36 AM
It means you're a closet pedophile.

You sick bastard.

mike l.
07-24-2004, 01:47 AM
ive had the same dream and i always wake up with a hard on. any thoughts on that?

Duke
07-24-2004, 04:26 AM
It's telling you that you better get better at poker and have more of those good sized wins since you'll suck as a dealer if you go broke.

~D

Malarky
07-24-2004, 05:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
ive had the same dream and i always wake up with a hard on. any thoughts on that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, that's my fault. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

RiverMel
07-28-2004, 08:21 AM
Don't you know that dreams about incompetent poker dealing is really about guilt over not masturbating enough?

Losing all
07-28-2004, 05:46 PM
I plead not guilty

drdre2001mm
07-28-2004, 06:23 PM
In the words of Rick James from the famous Chappelle episode, "Cocaine's a hell of a drug"

Dov
07-28-2004, 09:42 PM
Did you feel that you played well in the tourney before you were dealing?

Maybe you just feel incompetent in your card handling skills.

Don't quit your day job yet.