PDA

View Full Version : Censorship in Boston

GWB
07-23-2004, 02:36 PM
Fines for Pro-Bush Sign (http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/3569631/detail.html)

The Democrats are shutting down his business and the city is going to fine him for a "Go Bush" sign. Democrat censorship at work.

andyfox
07-23-2004, 03:14 PM
You need a permit to put up a sign? How ridiculous.

I don't think the Democrats are forcing him to shut down his business though. The way I read the story, the owner is choosing to shut down.

WC64
07-23-2004, 03:35 PM
It seems like he is closing because he isnt making money and is blaming the DNC for blocking roads that would allow people to get to his shop.

El Barto
07-23-2004, 11:13 PM
The Boston Democrats are being a bit heavy handed, they don't fine everyone with a sign safely attached to the wall of a building, so this is unequal treatment.

Small businesses are a low proiority of Democrats. They are too small for unions to organize, and too small to effectively over-regulate. So harrassment of the micro-business owner is the order of the day.

nothumb
07-24-2004, 02:26 AM
Hi Dubs,

I assume you will also post notice when Bloomberg's shock troops pound hell out of peaceful protesters and civil disobedients alike, arrest people for 'conspiracy to jaywalk,' etc.

NT

GWB
07-24-2004, 09:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi Dubs,

I assume you will also post notice when Bloomberg's shock troops pound hell out of peaceful protesters and civil disobedients alike, arrest people for 'conspiracy to jaywalk,' etc.

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

In case you are not aware, Bloomberg is a liberal. He switched parties so that he would not have to run against real Democrats in the Primary.

If someone squashes free speech in NYC, we will hear about, but I guess Boston is a "Free speech exclusion zone".