PDA

View Full Version : What book to get along with SSHE?

Entity
07-23-2004, 02:14 PM
Thinking about picking up another book, possibly one which talks about playing types/reading players. Considering either "Inside the Poker Mind" or "The Psychology of Poker." I'm a LLHE player (.10/.20 PL home games and .5/1 online games); so far I've read Super System, TOP, Caro's book of Tells/Psychology,
Championship No Limit & Pot Limit Hold 'Em,
Winner's Guide To Texas Hold'em Poker, and probably one other that I can't remember.

I'm interested in David & Mason's books, but most of them seem targeted toward a higher limit audience; I need to crawl before I can walk. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Any advice would be much appreciated.

thanks,
Rob

Ragnar
07-23-2004, 02:21 PM
I'd get Psychology of Poker first. Both books are very good but Dr. Al's book should be read first, and is more applicable to the levels you are playing.

Ragnar

Easy E
07-23-2004, 03:50 PM
would probably be a great companion piece /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Entity
07-25-2004, 06:53 PM
I picked up Psychology of Poker and Inside the Poker Mind in addition to SSHE.

Lee Jones' book is in my queue at the library, but I don't feel the desire to own it quite as much.

Rob

BigBaitsim (milo)
07-25-2004, 08:45 PM
Psychology of Poker goes into great detail regarding understanding your opponent and the game, then taking advantage of this knowledge. In concert with SSH, it could turn you into a small stakes demi-god.