PDA

View Full Version : Take the free card?

Octopus
07-23-2004, 01:41 PM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif. MP3 posts a blind of $1. MP2 posts a blind of $1.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 (poster) checks, MP3 (poster) checks, Hero calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks,

Flop: (7 SB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds.

Turn: (5.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks.

River: (5.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 9.50 BB, between Hero and UTG+1.</font>

What do you think of checking the turn? With only three opponents I am not getting value for a bet and the risk of being bluffed off the best hand on the river is, shall we say, small. (If I paired, I would have to call, but otherwise I am folding.)

Comments?

kgrad5
07-23-2004, 01:45 PM
beautiful.

Bill Smith
07-23-2004, 01:59 PM
No question - take the free card.

namknils
07-23-2004, 02:16 PM
I think you played it great, nice hand.

Danenania
07-23-2004, 02:35 PM
If you only have one or two opponents on the turn a bet might be good because it could win the pot right there, but with this many in you played perfectly.

Brian
07-23-2004, 02:48 PM
Raise pre-Flop.

-Brian

chief444
07-23-2004, 03:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Raise pre-Flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree but have a question...how often would you raise this pf if MP2 and MP3 limped instead of posted (assuming typical low limit game with many limping with junk)?

I'm assuming that is your reason for saying this is a definite raise here since 89s will surely have more than it's share of pot equity against two limpers and two random hands. Correct?

Aces McGee
07-23-2004, 03:09 PM
My only advice is to change the diamonds to clubs or spades to make the hand more readable. Too much red.

-McGee

namknils
07-23-2004, 03:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Raise pre-Flop.

-Brian

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, I'm glad you said this. As I was typing in my first reply I was about to say "You played it perfectly" but then I stopped myself because I wonder if a preflop raise would have been optimal play. After thinking about it more, with this many people in the hand and good position, I think a raise preflop would have been best.

Brian
07-23-2004, 04:03 PM
Hi chief,

[ QUOTE ]
I'm assuming that is your reason for saying this is a definite raise here since 89s will surely have more than it's share of pot equity against two limpers and two random hands. Correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, and I'd still raise against 4 limpers. But raising when there are 2 posters is even more automatic. You have a hand that plays very well multi-way, position, and a chance to get some dead money into the pot. Raising also may help to buy the Button.

-Brian

Trix
07-24-2004, 11:14 AM
I´m with raise preflop here, with 4 limpers it´s pretty automatic to me. Also if they had limped. I just want to add to what Brian said, that the poster might fold a hand that dominates you: J8o,Q8o.... and so on, improving your chance of beeing good if you flop a pair.