PDA

View Full Version : A flop question

Octopus
07-23-2004, 01:38 PM
This hand from last night got me thinking.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks,

Flop: (7 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls, SB folds, Hero folds, ...

This is clear, I think. My question is: Would you also fold with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif? (... or T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif?)

kgrad5
07-23-2004, 01:42 PM
im interested in this question too, but i think it really depends on what everyone else does. If everyone else calls your getting great odds to draw to your 2 backdoors and you can fold without thought if you dont improve on the turn. Then again if there is one caller you should fold right away because you arent getting nearly the odds to draw to 2 perfect. It would be even better if there was a pf raise and 7 callers and then 7 callers on the flop bet. You would have odds to stay for one more card methinks. but if it got back to you 2 bets fold for sure

cold_cash
07-23-2004, 03:52 PM
I would probably fold all of those hands.

The board is paired, I only have one overcard, there's a chance it could get raised behind me, and the pot isn't exactly enormous.