PDA

View Full Version : Best directions to get to Atlantic City

slow_turtle
07-23-2004, 01:36 PM
What is the best route to get to Atlantic City on a friday night from washington/baltimore?

I drove a few times and each time we end up going some odd route and getting lost the half the time.

Most directions tell you to go all the way to Philli.. but that seems way out of the way. for example [Take I-95 to the Walt Whitman Bridge, the North South Freeway (Route 42) to the foot of the Atlantic City Expressway. Follow signs for Trump Taj Mahal/Virginia Avenue. ]

Paul2432
07-23-2004, 01:55 PM
You do not need to go that far North on 95.

Instead take the Deleware Memorial Bridge to route 295 north, to 42, to the AC expressway.

Alternatively, you could take the Del Mem Bridge to Route 40 all the way to AC. Route 40 is not a freeway but a country road that passes through towns (with lights and 30mph speed limits). Personally I find this road highly frustrating and not worth the aggravation.

Whatever route you take you are likely to encounter lots of traffic.

Paul

Philuva
07-23-2004, 03:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Instead take the Deleware Memorial Bridge to route 295 north, to 42, to the AC expressway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, be very careful when you take 42 south off of 295 north. The exit is a bitch and very confusing. You actually exit 295 north and get beck on 295 south, then take 42 south. It is right around the time there is a HUGE bend or sharp curve in 295 north. If you go much further past that, then you missed the exit for 42 south.

If it is near rush hour, I would take 40 east.