PDA

View Full Version : Thanks ZeroRake

Zwiggelte
07-23-2004, 11:33 AM
Dear XXXXX,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued support of ZeroRake. You have supported us from the beginning and we want to show you we appreciate your commitment to our growing community.

We are pleased to tell you that we are giving you $25 cash. The money will be in your account at 10 PM EDT tonight (7 PM PDT). Our Freeroll tournaments will all be finishing right about then as well. We hope to have a number of players all hit the tables at the same time.

The future for ZeroRake looks bright. We will be spreading the word as we hope you will too.

Thank you again,

Mark Sherwood

Cardroom Manager

CORed
07-23-2004, 11:54 AM
Just be sure to cash out that $25 before the site folds.

itsmarty
07-23-2004, 12:48 PM
I got this too. Hopefully they're timing this with some legitimate advertising somewhere, so any new players can see a few more games running than usual.

Martin

Mike Haven
07-23-2004, 12:52 PM
Just had a look at ZR's T&C:

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

By playing at the POKER ROOM, and provided that you (the "PLAYER") are 21 years old or more, you will be deemed to have manifested your consent to enter into the following Agreement with ACTION POKER and to accept its terms and conditions, which have been accepted by ACTION POKER. Please read the Agreement carefully, consult legal counsel in your jurisdiction if you have any doubts about your rights and obligations, and keep a copy for your records.

Purpose of Agreement

The purpose of this Agreement is to regulate the legal relationship between ACTION POKER and the PLAYER once the PLAYER starts playing POKER ROOM for real money wagering on the Internet.

Declarations by PLAYER

PLAYER declares and warrants that:

If PLAYER is given $25.00 PLAYER agrees to post details in three or more Internet Forums.

The PLAYER is at least 21 years of age or older.

All PLAYER’S details contained in the Registration Form submitted to POKER ROOM are true and correct.

The PLAYER does not find POKER ROOM or its Website to be offensive, objectionable, unfair, or indecent.

The PLAYER will participate in the Poker Games offered by POKER ROOM to gamble on the Internet for ...

Alobar
07-23-2004, 01:28 PM
I can't decide if you are trying to be funny or insulting....

drewjustdrew
07-23-2004, 01:34 PM
Mike Haven has posted here for a long time and seems serious to me. I would guess that was a legitimate post.

Just The Facts
07-23-2004, 01:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Mike Haven has posted here for a long time and seems serious to me. I would guess that was a legitimate post.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are several schemes out there that involve a pay per post marketing plan. I had not heard that ZeroRake had this, but it surely would explain the amount of posters we got when the site launched.

If this clause is in the terms there, then it removes any credibility of all these new posters that said "I am just posing because i am passionate about this". Passion, I guess, is defined as compensation.

Mike Haven
07-23-2004, 02:14 PM
thanks, drew

sorry - that was an attempt at humour - hence the /images/graemlins/wink.gif at the top of my post

i guess i should stick to complaining that the fourth flushcard aways rivers my top two pair at ZR

JayCo
07-23-2004, 03:00 PM
Not everyone is attuned to that European dry-as-a-martini-with-just-a-whisper-of-vermouth wit, but you gave me a good chuckle

I'm sure you've heard, but if not...
Trick Monkey: David Blaine's deal with Robert De Niro's Tribeca Productions
Tribeca Productions, the partnership between Robert De Niro and Jane Rosenthal, has formalized a first-look deal at MGM. Tribeca has made a deal to develop "Trick Monkey" a film based on the exploits of up-and-coming magician David Blaine, with De Niro and co-star Leonardo DiCaprio attached. It's a kind of father-son scenario. De Niro would play a magician, DiCaprio his apprentice. Jim Uhls ("Dead Reckoning") is scripting

Willy
07-23-2004, 03:29 PM
Saw your note and checked my mail. I received the same note. I don't play much so i guess everyone is getting $25.00
I sure hope they make it

Mike Haven
07-23-2004, 05:28 PM
thanks for the info, JayCo

if i was casting it i would have Vincent Schiavelli as Blaine /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

MicroBob
07-23-2004, 05:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i guess i should stick to complaining that the fourth flushcard aways rivers my top two pair at ZR

[/ QUOTE ]

it does?!?! you're not just trying to pull another funny are you??

i know you to be a serious poster and based on this information i have some serious reservations about playing there.

Mike Haven
07-23-2004, 07:56 PM
i've only played a few hands there, relatively, in the big scheme of things, so i'm willing to say that i guess i'm just unlucky, and the two all in guys both with J6o and both flopping 66x must have all the luck i'm missing

Alobar
07-23-2004, 09:06 PM
Ive played a few thousand hands there, and havent noticed anything unusual regarding the shuffle

Mike Haven
07-23-2004, 09:16 PM
there ya go, MicroBob