PDA

View Full Version : Poker stars reload bonus 20% max. 120$

Zwiggelte
07-23-2004, 11:26 AM
Dear PokerStars Player,

The third annual World Championship of Online Poker (WCOOP) is just around the corner. To fatten your bankroll in advance of the event, PokerStars is offering all of our players a 20% Deposit Bonus..

From now until 11:59PM ET on Tuesday, July 27th PokerStars is offering you a 20% WCOOP Deposit Bonus! For the first deposit made during that period, PokerStars will give you an extra 20% free (up to $120). Those bonus dollars will be released into your account once you have accumulated the required number of Frequent Player Points (FPPs). Details and restrictions of this promotion can be found on our website.

The WCOOP is the largest online poker tournament in the world and this year it guarantees at least $4 million in prize money. There are already over 1,800 entries, including 2004 World Champion of Poker Greg "Fossilman" Raymer .

PokerStars is giving away $500,000 of FREE entries into the WCOOP through our Frequent Player Program (FPP). You can register for a WCOOP main event, cash or FPP satellite by clicking on the WCOOP tab on PokerStars. Play in a satellite today!

ctv1116
07-23-2004, 11:30 AM
Hmm, sounds good. Of course, clearing the bonus will be somewhat of a hassle.

Thythe
07-23-2004, 12:09 PM
I'm almost saddened by this bonus. I feel compelled to do it, yet I'm still clearing the last one, and I do much worse in terms of play at there than most places.

Huskiez
07-23-2004, 03:10 PM
I think the only site I dread more than Pokerstars for seeing a reload knowing that I'll have to do it there is Paradise. I stopped doing Absolute a while back because there's only so much 10c-25c NL I can take.

El Barto
07-23-2004, 04:16 PM
Assuming you are a micro-limit Limit HE player with marginal profitability, is there any way to make this bonus worthwhile? or are the games to tough to be worth it in a world of softer games elsewhere?

Thythe
07-23-2004, 04:44 PM
Even for micro limit player (and at least a break even in general player), this bonus is still +EV, though sometimes it doesn't seem like it

MicroBob
07-23-2004, 04:45 PM
i find the .5/1 and 1/2 games at stars to be very beatable.

i don't think it's realistic to clear the bonus there at any limit less than that.

it is still not as fishy as party....but i think it is definitely fishier then it once was.

i've been saying this for a little while though, so if that hasn't been your opinion before it probably won't be now.

i've also cleared them playing the .5/1 NL there....i really don't play much NL at all.....but i stole a few small pots every once in awhile which was in-between waiting for big hands.

i think that on the .5/1 NL you can get around 5 points per orbit (not sure on this).....which is the same as clearing $1 of bonus. so you are paying $1.50 in blinds for $1 in bonus which isn't bad....you can just sit and wait for AA, KK, QQ and AK and probably make up that difference.

for the 1/2 limit game, it's possible to just play in super-tight mode and just try to do a little better than break-even....at the end of which you'll have your free $120.

also.....i have found some super-fish on the 6-max tables before (1/2 and 2/4). some of the players there are rocks....but some of the fish can be the very fishiest, raising it up with EVERY hand to the river.

if you are an SNG-guy....i think you get 5 points for each 10+1 (not positive...may want to confirm that).
since 5 points clears one-dollar of bonus that means you are getting your plus-one back.
$120 of bonus to clear equals 120 SNG's (at 10+1 level).
it would obviously take quite awhile to play your 120 SNG's....but if you are already an SNG player it's really not a bad deal.

just some thoughts on the matter....individual results can and will vary.

goodguy_1
07-23-2004, 05:53 PM
the $2-4 and $3-6 6MAX's are much fishier than the Full games at these same limits especially during any Bonus promo.

The full games play typically very tight.There are alot of bad players playing low limit short holdem who either play way too tight or way too loose.

rotate into 2,3,4 $2-4 6Max's that have at least a 6/7 times bb pot average.Should take 8 or so hours to clear give or take an hour.

ramjam
07-23-2004, 06:52 PM
I cleared the last bonus playing mainly O/8 (at 0.5/1 all the way through to 5/10 plus PL). The games were generally much looser than the equivalent HE ones.

Gahnia radula
07-24-2004, 03:00 AM
At limits 1/2 and above if you multi-table clearing the bonus doesnt take that long.

Also i agree with ramjam the O8 games are pretty soft and a good way to clear the bonus

Gahnia radula

jamesburke
07-24-2004, 03:03 AM
i did the bonus today...

played 4 2-4 tables for 5hrs 35 mins to clear it..

out of 1289 i played 600 counted towards the req..

I suggest only playing 2-4 or above if u want to get out in reasonable time.

MicroBob
07-24-2004, 03:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i did the bonus today...

played 4 2-4 tables for 5hrs 35 mins to clear it..

out of 1289 i played 600 counted towards the req..

I suggest only playing 2-4 or above if u want to get out in reasonable time.

[/ QUOTE ]

cool.

07-24-2004, 11:18 PM
Do yourself a favor, avoid the BONE-US scam. Say thanks, but, no thanks.

sumdumguy
07-24-2004, 11:45 PM
Why so harsh on a reputable site willing to give away a free $120?
Are you an affiliator?

MicroBob
07-24-2004, 11:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do yourself a favor, avoid the BONE-US scam. Say thanks, but, no thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

too late...already did it.
too bad i didn't get your warning earlier. then i could avoid the hassle of what on earth i'm going to do with all this extra money i'm earning.

pretender2k
07-25-2004, 06:02 AM
Does anyone know if stars covers the insta-cash charge from Netteller? I know Paradise does.

Gotmilk
07-25-2004, 01:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Even for micro limit player (and at least a break even in general player), this bonus is still +EV, though sometimes it doesn't seem like it

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget opportunity cost into the equation. Your time might well be better spent in 50c/1d bonusless on party (Party isn't exactly bonusless, 2000 raked hands gets you 2000 bonus chips for PPM which are pretty valuable, think around 10c each, right? [2100 = starting average, $210 buyin]). This is my problem with having zillions of bonus bucks on UB--The $7 an hour rebate isn't worth more than the drop in EV from moving to UB from Party 15/30.

Also, learn Omaha and Stud as these games are typically far softer on Stars than Hold'em. As people have said the Hold'em is almost even playable nowadays on Stars, but I was playing Hi/Lo for these bonuses back when Hold'em was just awful.

Don't forget you can clear it (slowly) through tournaments.

MicroBob
07-25-2004, 08:35 PM
i'm curious if the omaha and stud games will be even fishier and more popular with the ESPN coverage of these games.

i suck at stud but consider myself only moderately sucky at omaha and o/8 so i may check it out for a change of pace...especially if my HE tables don't feel terribly profitable.

TimM
07-26-2004, 12:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think the only site I dread more than Pokerstars for seeing a reload knowing that I'll have to do it there is Paradise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do OK on these sites that everyone else seems to hate. Paradise has always been very good to me. My biggest winning month and only losing one came on Party though. Played Stars for the first time today. Stars 1/2 felt tighter than Paradise 2/4 (yep ASF of ~30% vs ~36%, very small Stars sample though). Cleared 60 FPPs and won $17. Woohoo! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

spacemonkey57
07-27-2004, 10:48 AM
Can you withdraw some of the deposit at stars without losing the bonus dollars?

BradleyT
07-27-2004, 10:49 AM
Yes.