PDA

View Full Version : You're, like, freaking me out!

Schaefer
07-23-2004, 05:17 AM
Today is my first ever foray into the world of 6-max so please bear with me.

MP has been fairly reasonable so far. What really freaks me out is the call then 3-bet on the flop. There are no draws. The pot is protected. He must have heat, no? Can I fold at any point during this hand?

So far in my SH career I have folded top pair zero times. Is this pretty close to the accepted norm?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. UTG posts a blind of $5.
UTG (poster) checks, MP calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (10 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, MP calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (12.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls, BB folds.

Final Pot: 14.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 14.50 BB, between Hero and MP.</font>

stripsqueez
07-23-2004, 05:36 AM
i like fold when the MP 3 bets the flop - very hard to do but i've seen enough of the "no patience" slowplay to be afraid

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

vector
07-23-2004, 08:50 AM
I think folding to the three bet is optimal, but would probably convince myself he has A7 and I have odds to draw for a J or T, and then call the river bet cause the pots too big to fold at that stage. Yuck.

Zele
07-23-2004, 08:52 AM
Yeah, you're cooked.

Like you said, very well protected pot. Even a total maniac wouldn't try that as a move.

[ QUOTE ]
So far in my SH career I have folded top pair zero times. Is this pretty close to the accepted norm?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that's a good default line, but of course it's not a hard and fast rule (I'd recommend folding the flop here). However, I don't think I've ever folded TP when the pot was HU.

tripdad
07-23-2004, 05:46 PM
folding is hard to do, but if MP is reasonable, you are whipped. fold.

cheers!