PDA

View Full Version : Semi bluff into 5 opponents?

balkii
07-23-2004, 04:27 AM
part 3/6

balki has K /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif in the SB. 4 limp, I complete, BB checks.

Flop is T 2 9 all /images/graemlins/heart.gifs

I check planning on checkraising either an early position bettor or a late position bettor. checked around

Turn is T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I bet

comments on flop thinking and turn bet please?

Michael Davis
07-23-2004, 04:37 AM
On the turn, I would bet with a whole lot worse hands than what you have. Nobody has anything.

I lead out on the flop. 2nd nut flush, gutshot straight, and two overcards. I don't really care how many people are going to see me through. Plus, I might win the pot just by pounding.

-Michael

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
07-23-2004, 05:12 AM
I think you would profit more from betting the flop, eh?

Danenania
07-23-2004, 05:21 AM
Yeah... if you had bet the flop it would be more convincing that you have a T.

Michael Davis
07-23-2004, 05:32 AM
Some guys will check the flop with a T. And he doesn't need to convince anyone he has a T. A 9 will do. These guys are either slowplaying the nuts or they just don't have anything. I'd bet here with garbage and be prepared to fire again on the river if no heart came.

-Michael

07-23-2004, 05:41 AM
I think a pair weaker than a 10 will call you down now. At least I would. Its tough for an opponenet to know you were planning on c/r'ing.

Michael Davis
07-23-2004, 06:07 AM
Why would a pair weaker than a T check the flop?

There are a whole lot of legitimate hands that he could have that he would have checked the flop with.

-Michael

jt1
07-23-2004, 08:10 AM
CR or bet out on flop. bet turn no matter what. Bet river? I wouldn't but I'm not that good.

balkii
07-23-2004, 02:30 PM
good lord I dont think I even realized I had a gutshot draw there. I was just thinking flush draw + overs. Those 3 extra outs probably sway me to bet/3-bet rather than checkraise this flop.

If the pot had been raised preflop I think checkraising might be the better option. Of course I wouldnt be in the raised pot with KJo, but whatever.

The turn bet i was kind of unsure. It seemed like if I bet it would look like a whiffed a flop checkraise with the top pair. But semi-bluffing has to be able to take the pot down some of the time to be correct, and I'm just not sure how often that will happen with 5 opponents, even when they show such weakness. Its party poker after all.

anyways I bet and watched in amazement as one by one they all started dropping out....until the button called. doh! A brick hit the river I fire again and he folded.

onegymrat
07-23-2004, 03:33 PM
Hi Balkii,

I would bet on the flop 95% of the time. You have too much hand to try the tricky stuff. You will most likely get called in many places. You will also make your flush/straight enough times to be profitable. You need to take the lead on this hand and continue betting on the turn.

Being that you checked the flop. I would now checkraise the turn if a LP bets and make a play for the pot. If the player immediately to your left bets and is called by several players, I would also call only all the while wondering why I didn't bet the flop.