PDA

View Full Version : AQ vs a stop-n-go

SteveY
07-23-2004, 01:49 AM
PokerStars 0.02/0.04 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $0.02.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO (poster) calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (14 SB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (11 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero ???

1) Can you put SB on a hand here? I think he has a made hand at least.. So what is my action?

2) Would your play change if SB was TAG?

imitation
07-23-2004, 01:53 AM
Unfortunately at 2c/4c you can't put people on much anything, however people are likely to stick around with any overcards. So the K may have hit the SB who just bet the flop for no real reason.

I would raise, hope to kick out the button, if the SB 3 bets call it down. If the button 3 bets fold. If the SB calls check it through on the river.

Nemesis
07-23-2004, 02:12 AM
He didn't reraise you preflop, so i think you can throw big pocket pairs and AK out, you have the best hand pre-flop in my mind. So raising the flop after he bets is obviously the right move. I think re-raising him again on the turn is the right play. The king probably didn't give him 2 pair, and if he had a set he'd reraise on the flop i think. So raise it again and call down the 3 bet. I think you have a better hand more than 50% of the time.

kenewbie
07-23-2004, 03:22 AM
I would call this down without a read. Usually this means he just hit his overcard kicker, if he has crap then I make a big fat note about it.

k

SteveY
07-23-2004, 03:25 PM
Well in the hand I called. Here's what I was thinking:

1)I raised PF and on the flop and the board shows KQ98. This is a pretty scary board if you're facing a PF raiser, and he still bets into me on the turn. I thought that was a little fishy, so this leaned me toward just calling down. This is also why I asked the "What if SB was a TAG" question, since a TAG might be more aware of this.

2) If I raised on the turn and had a better hand, most likely I would just get called by the SB, getting me 2BB. If I just called on the turn, the button might be more inclined to call, also getting me 2BB, but with me only putting in 1BB and not having to face a reraise that I would have to call down against an unknown. This also led me to just call on the turn. The downside to this is that if button has a made hand, he has at least 5 outs to beat me, so my chances of winning are worse. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

I think in this hand I gave SB more credit than the normal Micro players.