PDA

View Full Version : 66, post flop play.

DJGroove
07-23-2004, 01:12 AM
No reads on CO or MP3. BB is loose/passive calling station.
Comments on all streets please.

My questions/thoughts:
-I think I need to raise preflop, as I was first in with a vulnerable hand. Correct?
-On the flop I thought I was probably best. I bet out to test the CO. I knew the BB would call with any two. When just called, I figured I had to keep the pressure on.
-I doubted the turn helped either player, so I bet out again. Good?
- R-I-V-E-R spells relief. I am pretty sure no one hit a straight. Easy bet.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif. CO posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO (poster) raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: (7 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 folds, CO folds, SB calls.

River: (9 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 11 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 11 BB, between SB and Hero.</font>

Thank you for your comments! They are very appreciated.

Danenania
07-23-2004, 05:18 AM
I like this pretty well all the way. I would only raise preflop if I thought I had a chance of stealing the blinds. At .50/1.00 with dead money already in, you probably won't. I call if you can expect plenty of limpers in behind you like you got on this hand. If I don't think I can steal the blinds and I don't expect more than 1 limper in behind me, I'd fold.

I would probably go for a checkraise on the flop instead of betting out, but that of course risks giving the irksome free card.

What do you do on the river if your 6 doesn't come? Pretend the river came either A /images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif, or 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif and SB checked to you. Would you check behind or bet on each of those cards?

Sent
07-23-2004, 10:14 AM
I don't raise 66 first in unless I am in LP

-Sent

DJGroove
07-23-2004, 12:10 PM
I realize now that I stated that the BB would call with any two. I meant for this to be the SB. Sorry about the mixup. From the flop on, I was pretty sure I was ahead of the small blind.

The actually turned out to be false. The SB held A7o, so I got lucky and won on the river. If anyone had played back at me, I would have backed off big time.

To answer the question posed by Danenania: If the river were an ace, I would check behind. A 5 or a 2 I would still bet, trying to fold the sb, but still thinking I was likely ahead. Not sure if that correct, but it's what I'd do.

Thanks for the comments.

namknils
07-23-2004, 01:01 PM
Don't raise 66 in that position preflop, unless you are at an extremely tight table. I like the bet on the flop, if the preflop raiser has high cards but no pair (which it looks like he had) then you put him in a tough spot. However with four people in for the turn I'm worried that somebody has a Jack, so I would check it thru on the river if that 6 didn't show up.