PDA

View Full Version : Flopped Flush, Paired Aces on turn, orig raiser fold, 3 bet back to me

Kevin
07-22-2004, 11:44 PM
Button sees 46% preflop, colcalled 11 times in 100 hands.
Open raiser had 31% PF 14% PFR.

Questions:
1.) Fold QJs to loose raiser preflop?
2.) 3 Bet loose raiser preflop to isolate?
3.) raise the flop to protect vs potential set of aces?
4.) 3 bet back to me on 4th - I put him (46% PF - 11% CC)on an ace and was hoping that he was overplaying it vs full or king high flush. - Call the turn, check call the river or cap.
5.) when 4th flush card hits, do I check call vs betting out?

Thanks,
Kevin

(I will post results tomorrow morning)

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 folds, Hero calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (8.40 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, BB folds.

Turn: (5.70 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls.

River: (14.70 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 16.70 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 16.70 BB, between Hero and Button.</font>

Monty Cantsin
07-23-2004, 02:26 AM

Yes

Yes

I think you see what I'm saying here.

No (A minute ago he was raising with half of his hands, now all of a sudden he's got aces??)

4.) 3 bet back to me on 4th - I put him (46% PF - 11% CC)on an ace and was hoping that he was overplaying it vs full or king high flush. - Call the turn, check call the river or cap.

Ok, so you're behind not only a boat but also the nut flush. However, your read on the button is that he's not just super loose/passive but also probably generally all around bad, right? So he could easily 3-bet with a smaller flush or a random Ace. Also, and this is super important I think, when you willfully under-represent your hand on the flop it's like placing an order for action on the turn. When that action is delivered you can't really refuse it. Reap what you sow. I like the cap.

Why would you do that? The 4th diamond doesn't change anything unless you think that the button would 3-bet the turn on a flush draw, which doesn't seem likely. In general I like betting out here because it's consistent with your turn cap: give the smaller flush or naked A a chance to call one more bet.

/mc

Kevin
07-23-2004, 03:41 AM
Hero shows Jd Qd (flush, ace high).
Button shows 3s 3c (full house, threes full of aces).
Outcome: Button wins 16.70 BB.

SpaceAce
07-23-2004, 04:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Questions:

[/ QUOTE ]

I would do both at different times.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would not be worried about a set of Aces just yet. Go with your knowledge of the opponent to decide how to wring the most money from him.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Would the button fail to raise the flop with two pair or a set even though the flush draw is out? I think you are a lot more likely to see trip Aces or a baby flush than a full house so I think the cap is fine.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be a shame. Unless your opponent has exactly AK with the King of diamonds, this river changes almost nothing. I doubt your opponent has 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

SpaceAce

Monty Cantsin
07-23-2004, 06:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hero shows Jd Qd (flush, ace high).
Button shows 3s 3c (full house, threes full of aces).
Outcome: Button wins 16.70 BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the reasons you cap the turn against a weaker opponent here is that they will pay off when you are ahead and won't punish you as much when you are behind. Consider the range of hands he is afraid of, he really let you off easy.

huzzah.

/mc

jt1
07-23-2004, 07:29 AM
Except for the preflop cold call - you played it fine. Either raise or fold preflop depending on those left behind you.

chief444
07-23-2004, 08:06 AM
I would fold this pf even against what might be a loose raise. 3-betting wouldn't be terrible if the raise was that suspect. QJs is certainly not a raise or fold hand. I would coldcall with this occasionally in decent position but would prefer a couple of limpers or coldcalls ahead of me.

I would cap the turn. The 3-bet doesn't necessarily mean a FH.

Good river bet.