PDA

View Full Version : 2+2 table - good times - 2 hands

btspider
07-22-2004, 11:41 PM
First time I've played a table where the average saw flop was < 35%. I'm posting my biggest winner and biggest loser of the night. Comments on my general play would be appreciated as well. Embarrass me if you can. I know my blind play was pretty shabby. Inexperience I tells ya! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hand 1:
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.75 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 11.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 11.75 BB, between MP3 and Hero.</font>

Hand 2:
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">6 folds</font>, BB calls,

Flop: (4.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.25 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.25 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 12.25 BB, between BB and Hero.</font>

L0QTiS
07-23-2004, 12:15 AM
I'll take a stab even though I'm not sure I have this right at all.

Hand 1: you lost to an overpair higher than yours. seems like this might make sense given the action on the flop

your play seems fine. Getting capped on the flop might slow me down too, especially at a 2+2 table

Hand 2: I think you won...vs AhTx or perhaps something like 67x

I originally thought you may have played the flop a little heavey but then I realized it's heads up so it seems fine.

although the more I read it I think I have this all wrong so I'll submit this before I change my mind again.

Bill Smith
07-23-2004, 01:46 AM
Very good analysis LoQtis.

But wait... was this the "serious" incarnation of the 2+2 table or the "home" version this time? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

btspider
07-23-2004, 09:53 AM
Don't worry, I was out of my league at the table, but it was good experience. For the 300+ hands I was sitting, there were only a handful of straddles.. so it never turned into a 'home game'. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

More comments, particularly on my session from the other players.

Octopus
07-23-2004, 09:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Getting capped on the flop might slow me down too, especially at a 2+2 table

[/ QUOTE ]

That's funny. I feel exactly the opposite. Getting capped might slow me down too, except this was a 2+2 table. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

kgrad5
07-23-2004, 10:06 AM
i got capped when i had tpnk and folded and was shown an oesd, /images/graemlins/frown.gif that sucked but i made my fair share of lag plays even though i was only there for like an hour /images/graemlins/smile.gif

DeathDonkey
07-23-2004, 10:19 AM
Hey btspider,

I was only there for 45 min, and it was my first time with all you monster 2+2ers, but I had a note on you as "solid" and not "LAGgy" like I did for half the table.

-DeathDonkey

chief444
07-23-2004, 10:20 AM
I thought you played both of these fine bt.

Was the TT hand against me with overcards? Can't remember but if it was I played that one horribly (as I did many others last night).

I would have thought about laying the straight down in hand 2 but you do have the 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif as well and with the aggression at that table you almost had to show it down.

btspider
07-23-2004, 10:27 AM
The first hand was against the player sitting on my immediate right. Afterward he said he overplayed his hand. I believe he had A9o (will have to double-check when I get home).

The second hand would be incredibly tough to lay down. I put BB (i mean, he's in the blinds! /images/graemlins/smile.gif) on another 9 before I would put him on two hearts. I thought there was potential for a split and for me out-drawing him with a four-flush. Alas, BB had K/images/graemlins/heart.gifQ/images/graemlins/heart.gif.

sin808
07-23-2004, 11:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I had a note on you as "solid" and not "LAGgy" like I did for half the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure if I'd trust any notes from that table. I usually just note that they are 2+2 and leave it at that. I know I'm not usually that LAGgy at a normal table (unless it's SH).

kgrad5
07-23-2004, 11:34 AM
what was the note on me? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

DeathDonkey
07-23-2004, 12:12 PM
Nah I know, but I'd never played with any of you guys before. I sure can pick em, playing at the limit I normally play at with all 2+2ers and GoT sitting on my left. Was he really up $50 at that table? Impressive...

It sure is nice to be able to recognize decent players when they sit down at my normal tables though, I'll have to get to that 2+2 table every week just to do some recon. on who is who /images/graemlins/smile.gif

-DeathDonkey

cnfuzzd
07-23-2004, 12:15 PM
There are no lags at the 2+2 table. We are all professionals. LAG indeed.

peace

john nickle

btspider
07-23-2004, 12:27 PM
GoT made $50 rather quickly. Certainly he played well, but he also hit his fair share of hands. I think my final stats on him were 13.x VPIP and 19.x BB/100. I'd have to double-check. I think Tosh was the second biggest winner and had 22.x VPIP while I was there.. so that was a completely different way to win.

Octopus
07-23-2004, 12:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
GoT made $50 rather quickly. Certainly he played well, but he also hit his fair share of hands. I think my final stats on him were 13.x VPIP and 19.x BB/100. I'd have to double-check. I think Tosh was the second biggest winner and had 22.x VPIP while I was there.. so that was a completely different way to win.

[/ QUOTE ]

&lt;sarcasm&gt; 22% VPIP?! What a LAG! &lt;/sarcasm&gt;

The 2+2 table is truly a different world.

DeathDonkey
07-23-2004, 12:49 PM
Yes it really was. It was pretty cool to see how people were dealing with all the TAG play and then showing their hands afterwards. I too was hitting good cards (AA, QQ for top set) and one very lucky one where I defended in the blinds with A8o and cracked JJ when the flop came 887. Finished up $6 in 45 minutes...short term luck is a beautiful thing.

-DeathDonkey

btspider
07-23-2004, 12:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
&lt;sarcasm&gt; 22% VPIP?! What a LAG! &lt;/sarcasm&gt;
The 2+2 table is truly a different world.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just meant in comparison to 13% /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Do any stakes really compare to the 2+2 table? Is 15/30 like half 2+2, quarter LAG, quarter fish? I have no real points of reference to compare that session to.