PDA

View Full Version : 2+2 table... 99 UTG vs the bisonator

easypete
07-22-2004, 07:44 PM
OK... a little history, 3 or 4 hands earlier, i stole Bison's (MP2) BB w/ Montana Banana (92o).

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls.

<font color="purple">Figured Bison was still thinking about 92o.</font><font color="red">Disclaimer: Bison says his 3-bet here was a bad move.</font>

Flop: (7.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero folds.

<font color="purple">This is the issue. Trix did not like me leading out here. I figured I might have caught Bison w/ a bad hand. He may have folded to this bet???? I dunno.

Any comments?
</font>

Final Pot: 5.25 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 4.75 BB, won by MP2.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: 0.50 BB, returned to MP2.</font>

cnfuzzd
07-23-2004, 03:57 AM
I think leading makes bisons raise almost automatic, especially at this table, especially if he is thinking about you being a thief. Thus, you lead, bison is supposed to raise, and you are supposed to...fold, i guess. Since its the 2+2 table, i would probably checkraise to see what happens, then probably fold to a three bet. But you have seen how i play, so take that with a whole lotta salt.

peace

john nickle

GO CHIEFS!!!!!
Hey pete, if you plan on making to KC for any of the games, let me know, we will attack ameristars unsuspecting poker room together.

Mason Malmuth
07-23-2004, 04:01 AM
Hi easy:

The problem with your play is that you're giving your opponent pretty big odds to bluff you out. So to always make this fold you need to know your opponent well.

On the other hand, it's probably wrong to always make this call. Just do it enough so others won't take this type of shot at you.

best wishes,
Mason

btspider
07-23-2004, 09:49 AM
i greatly increased my flop check-raise frequency with that session last night. i quickly noticed that heads-up flop raises were just about automatic. i'd either check-fold or check-raise in these types of situations.

Trix
07-23-2004, 01:03 PM
I dont like the bet as I think you might get raised by AQ or just flatcalled by a number of and then you dont know where you are on the turn anyway.

I would have check-folded if I thought Bison would bet AQ again on the turn or check-call flop and check-fold turn if I thought he would check it there.