PDA

View Full Version : T7s

arkady
07-22-2004, 06:29 PM
Villain is the mediocre player, he plays too many hands. He is not imaginitive and also cares little about odds or the like. UTG is not really a factor in terms of play or what he might have he is just bad.

Absolute Poker 5/10 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 <font color="purple">(MediocrePlayer)</font> calls, <font color="666666">4 folds</font>, Hero checks,

Flop: (4.40 SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MediocrePlayer calls.

Turn: (3.70 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">MediocrePlayer raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

<font color="green"> probably hit his Q. </font>

River: (9.70 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">MediocrePlayer bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">MediocrePlayer 3-bets</font>, Hero ?

Final Pot: 17.20 BB

Anyone folds or raises here?

KingSix
07-22-2004, 06:43 PM
"not imaginitive" usually indicates to me that they'll do the old "slowplay to the turn" by either checking and calling the flop, then betting the turn or smooth calling the flop and raising the turn. In many cases, this can be as little as bottom set, even on a scary flop.

Someone who plays too many hands without any regard for odds will probably call PF with something like 22 or 33 no matter how many players are in or where they called from. There are only three flushes that beat you here so I'm not sure how you can fold to someone who isn't very good.

J9 is also a possibilty because I know how much online LL players love that freaking hand.

King

MoreWineII
07-22-2004, 06:46 PM
Qd Xd is also a possible hand that your opponent might play this way. I think a call is in order.

arkady
07-22-2004, 06:49 PM
Qdxd thats not very good for me though, so you dont raise in this situation?

adanthar
07-22-2004, 06:51 PM
If you even think about folding here you have a hole in your game a maniac could drive a tanker truck through.

I vote cap. An unimaginative player raising the turn will a)not have a flush and b)put you squarely on a T without even thinking 'could he bet a draw on the turn?'

MoreWineII
07-22-2004, 06:51 PM
I assumed you were asking if you should cap it. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

He *might* have Qd Xd or J9d. Those are reasonable given his action.

Then again, he might have baby diamonds. Then again, he might not have a damn thing.

No way I'm folding here.

arkady
07-23-2004, 10:10 AM
Hehhe no folding didnt cross my mind, it was either cap or call - I decided to call, since both him and I see the flush out there and he is not scared for some reason.

he showed: Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and I kicked the wall.