PDA

View Full Version : Turn the flush, whats the play?

ChromePony
07-22-2004, 05:06 PM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. CO posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP1 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>

Mostly interested in what to do here. I hit the flush which is very exciting, and to me the raise means one of three things, he has trip 2s, he has a A or K flush draw or he hit his own flush. I feel like the last of these is rather unlikely so I should 3-bet and hope I dont get a problem card on the river.

<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Button folds, Hero calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Does any one c/r here?
Also what if he had raised?

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

James Boston
07-22-2004, 05:28 PM
3-bet the turn. If he caps, call and check-call the river. If he just calls, lead out on the river. If he raises the river, call. Essentially, don't fold.

kureido
07-22-2004, 05:38 PM
With four limpers and a king on the flop, I think it's likely that someone in later position will bet out, so I may just check/call here to see who may have gotten a piece of the flop, then bet out on the turn. That way, UTG's raise may mean more; if he checks/calls on the flop, then raises when you bet out on the turn, you may be able to put him on a flush too. This may be too passive, though; I'm not sure.

He may have a lone A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif or Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, but with an average player I'd say it's unlikely he's raising the turn drawing to a four-flush. I'd say a made flush, trip twos, or (like I've made the mistake of doing twice in as many days) "slowplaying" flopped two pair, maybe Ks and 9s, and I think the made flush is just as unlikely as you do. Make it 3 bets on the turn and see what he does.

I'd just bet straight out again on the river if he calls the 3-bet on the turn, or check/call the river if he caps you on the turn.

I'd like to see what others have to say, though.

-b

Moozh
07-22-2004, 06:03 PM
My play:

Check the flop as there are plenty to act after you. If it's bet with two other callers back to you, you can check-raise. Otherwise I'd call.

Turn: Bet and three-bet.

River: Bet and three-bet.