PDA

View Full Version : AK big stack vs big stack

tdiddy
07-22-2004, 04:27 PM
UB sng down to 5 players 75/150 blinds. Me and another guy have around 3k and the others around 1k. We 2 big stacks been avoiding each other naturally. No stealing against each other. I'm in big blind with AKo and he bets the pot from CO seat. Folded to me. What do you do? Do you muck it here?

I thought I should muck but just couldn't stand it so I took the flop. It comes AKx rainbox. I couldn't bring myself to bet all-in for fear he had AA or KK and I'd be out after all that hard work. So like a chicken I check he bets all-in. I show and fold I just can't handle. He also had AK. Obviously if I'm gonna hit my hand and muck it I should have folded preflop. But I want to know if you guys risk your tournament on this hand here. Comments please.

Roman
07-22-2004, 05:53 PM
weaaaakkkkkkkkkkkk weaaaaaaakkkkkkkkk

sorry.

If you dont wanna push PF, thats fine, but as soon as you hit, you have to auto call this on the flop, what kind of monsters are hiding in your closet?

pukenpete
07-22-2004, 06:15 PM
Are you sure he was avoiding you on steals? Maybe he just had bad cards when you were in the blinds. In any case, if you put him on AA or KK you should've folded preflop. Otherwise you should've pushed b/c he won't call you if he's as weak as you say. In any case, this is an automatic push or call on the flop. What were you waiting for? AAK for the nuts? Also, showing your cards was a big mistake. Just opens the door for everyone to start putting moves on you later on.

stupidsucker
07-22-2004, 06:58 PM
I would have raised him PF to see what he does. You have a big enough stack to push the buttons and see where you might stand. Just calling gave you that doubt on the flop.

I deffentaly push that flop. If you lose to AA/KK then gg, get into the next one. Weak is right on this one. I admire staying away from the other big stack, but you hit that flop HARD, you cant pussyfoot and fold every hand to him or you are in trouble anyways. what flop were you looking for?
AAA?