PDA

View Full Version : When LAGness equals stupidity.

Chris Daddy Cool
07-22-2004, 04:27 PM
Decently loose table, though players here a lot better than I remembered them to be. I was surprised by the lack of crap at the showdowns.

Party 1/2 8 handed

I got A /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif on the button and raise after 4 limpers. Blinds drop out. The 5 of us to the flop.

Flop: 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Checked to me. I bet. UTG calls. MP calls. 3 to the turn.

Turn: A /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Checked to me. I bet. UTG checkraises. MP folds. I 3-bet because I'm an ass-tard, UTG caps. I fold because I rock.

Note to self: I need to see the river cheaply here or just fold to the checkraise.

sfer
07-22-2004, 04:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I fold because I rock.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, this fold is very, very bad. You played fine until you 3-bet. You have to call the checkraise on the turn and make a decision on the river if unimproved, but you have no reason to think you don't have 4 outs here.

Peter Harris
07-22-2004, 04:36 PM
i would make UTG for an AT+ limp, which means your 2 pair beats their aces+fives.

Folding to the cap seems a bit dodgy here. Excuse a low limiters impertinence, but i'm sure you'd be ahead here at least some of the time, and you can still improve...

Am i way off?
Pete Harris

EDIT: i also see you are both holding and have flopped the 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. Maybe an alteration here may explain what i've missed.

DeathDonkey
07-22-2004, 04:39 PM
Just river the 3'rd 8 of Spades and its all good...

-DeathDonkey

Chris Daddy Cool
07-22-2004, 04:42 PM
You're very right. It's just when I 3-bet the turn and got capped I couldn't believe I fell into such a ridiculously simple trap that I didn't count the bets in the middle which made my call pretty easy, though I would fold the river unimproved.

Chris Daddy Cool
07-22-2004, 04:43 PM
Edited dude, edited.

bakku
07-22-2004, 11:52 PM
Folding to the turn cap getting about 14:1 or something is horrible!

tech
07-23-2004, 12:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would fold the river unimproved

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not folding the river for one bet.

imitation
07-23-2004, 02:48 AM
I think you are way ahead, call this cap, heck sometimes I might even bet the river as well if a rag hits you are quite likely just up against AK-AT although it could be a slow played 88 or A5s I just wouldn't believe it right now. Maybe this is the high variance approach but if you're going to be a LAG push it hard.

If the UTG is usually passive post flop then maybe just call it down after the checkraise.

kenewbie
07-23-2004, 03:14 AM
Ouch, you lay that down?
Do you really put UTG on a 5 or AA here?

There is no way on earth I could lay that down without a read.

k

sfer
07-23-2004, 09:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ouch, you lay that down?
Do you really put UTG on a 5 or AA here?

There is no way on earth I could lay that down without a read.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even he flipped his cards face-up and you KNEW he had a 5, you should call the checkraise. Do you see why?

k000k
07-23-2004, 01:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Even he flipped his cards face-up and you KNEW he had a 5, you should call the checkraise. Do you see why?

[/ QUOTE ]

You have 4 outs, 11:1, there's 11 bets in the pot, and any river bets are profit if you hit?

sfer
07-23-2004, 02:00 PM
Exactly. You are drawing live to everything except AA/55.