PDA

View Full Version : My 7 Month Poker Journey from $30 to $1000

Sixth_Rule
07-22-2004, 04:03 PM
Today I finished my session at Party and checked the cashier and I have $1010. This number doesn’t mean allot in bankroll terms but in our decimal number system the four zero's just look cool.
I put money on the internet in November but this all started back last summer when a couple of friends of mine where at this guys house and he said hey why don't we play poker. We did, I won $20 and won consistently afterwards as the game change from spread limit hold'em to no-limit hold'em to tournaments. One week i couldn't make the game because of a family obligation and just figured I would deposit 30 of the $40 I would have wagered from neteller to
UB. Playing .01 .02 i raised this amount to $40 then started to play .25 .50 games. In February I had 170 and figured i would give party a try. i got to 500 and then tried bonus whoring but i actually lost around $20 while jumping from site to site collecting there bonuses. Finally I moved back to party and built my roll up to 600. I then moved to the 6 max 1/2 tables and lost 100 real quick, won it back on the full tables. One day about 2 weeks ago I entered a 30-player $30 tournament and won $270 since then I have played around 25 hours and now I am finally at $1000.
I really think this was a great way to start. I have played a lot of hands and learned a lot from climbing up the ranks. I still have a lot to learn.

Ps I have grown my bankroll 3333.333% in the last 8 months. At this rate I will have over 3 million by about April of next year. I hope that’s not to optimistic.
/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Sponger15SB
07-23-2004, 12:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Today I finished my session at Party and checked the cashier and I have $1010. This number doesn’t mean allot in bankroll terms but in our decimal number system the four zero's just look cool.
I put money on the internet in November but this all started back last summer when a couple of friends of mine where at this guys house and he said hey why don't we play poker. We did, I won $20 and won consistently afterwards as the game change from spread limit hold'em to no-limit hold'em to tournaments. One week i couldn't make the game because of a family obligation and just figured I would deposit 30 of the $40 I would have wagered from neteller to
UB. Playing .01 .02 i raised this amount to $40 then started to play .25 .50 games. In February I had 170 and figured i would give party a try. i got to 500 and then tried bonus whoring but i actually lost around $20 while jumping from site to site collecting there bonuses. Finally I moved back to party and built my roll up to 600. I then moved to the 6 max 1/2 tables and lost 100 real quick, won it back on the full tables. One day about 2 weeks ago I entered a 30-player $30 tournament and won $270 since then I have played around 25 hours and now I am finally at $1000.
I really think this was a great way to start. I have played a lot of hands and learned a lot from climbing up the ranks. I still have a lot to learn.

Ps I have grown my bankroll 3333.333% in the last 8 months. At this rate I will have over 3 million by about April of next year. I hope that’s not to optimistic.
/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

congrats on your journey! and hopefully the money will roll in a lot faster given your progress

i must say this is impressive as i cannot spend like 5 days without withdrawing and depositing into different poker sites.

although to get $1000 in party it would have been much easier to just deposit $1000 in your account, 8 months seems like a lot of work.

tech
07-23-2004, 12:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
although to get $1000 in party it would have been much easier to just deposit $1000 in your account, 8 months seems like a lot of work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe he didn't have $1000 to risk on poker.

Sponger15SB
07-23-2004, 12:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe he didn't have $1000 to risk on poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I wasn't talking about having him risk it on poker, and instead simply making a joke about how the easiest way to have $1000 in your party poker account is to simply deposit $1000.

Blarg
07-23-2004, 02:10 AM
Grats! Heck of a nice accomplishment!

MrDannimal
07-23-2004, 12:28 PM
My story is pretty similar. I dropped $200 in UB last year after the Aruba tourney on the Travel Channel (that part is different, but given how my play went,I could have dropped $30...).

I played .01/.02, then .25/.50, then .50/.1, then I moved $100 to Party, and played both sites.

Now, I have $800+ at UB, and $430 at Party. take out that $200 in initial deposit, and I'm at +1000. Whee!

Congrats, man. I too, want to see that 4 digit balance (left of the decimal, smart asses)

Danenania
07-23-2004, 01:20 PM
Congrats!