PDA

View Full Version : Was Phil Gordon on "Blind Date"?

RPatterson
07-22-2004, 03:36 PM
I was just reading the biographies of the pro's at full tilt and it said something about he was on blind date. Did anyone see this? That would be funny.

highlife
07-22-2004, 03:37 PM
yeah he was, it was a great episode. they show it on reruns alot actually.

kyro
07-22-2004, 03:38 PM
"Phil, these flowers are lovely."
"Oh yes, I thought it would be +EV"

jagoff
07-22-2004, 03:42 PM
WTF??? A multi-multi-multi millionaire had to have the help of a dating show to get a date? Are you trying to tell me women are not attracted to money only?

RPatterson
07-22-2004, 03:43 PM
LOL did he do well with the girl? It'd be funny to think of Phil Gordon on a blind date. Did he find something to gamble about durring the date?

RPatterson
07-22-2004, 03:48 PM
Don't be a hater. Just because he was on "blind date" doesn't mean he can't get a date. He got to go on tv and stuff, it would be a fun time.

I did find it strange that he is apparently one of the owners or something like that of full tilt. He's already a multi-millionaire after-all. Why does he need to own more companies?

Cleveland Guy
07-22-2004, 04:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He's already a multi-millionaire after-all. Why does he need to own more companies?

[/ QUOTE ]

Cause he's rich and he can- you wouldn't do the same?

RPatterson
07-22-2004, 04:26 PM
Nope, if I already had enough money to suit me the rest of my life I wouldn't fool around with running new companies for the fun of it.

NJchick
07-22-2004, 04:27 PM
Yes I have it on tape.

Very funny. Phil prolly did it as a joke.

Cleveland Guy
07-22-2004, 04:33 PM
You need something to do for fun.

Same reason these guys play blinds man bluff for $500. The money isn't important- it's the challange/ fun of it.

Daliman
07-22-2004, 04:37 PM
If tiltboys.com is to be believed, Phil does quite well with the ladies, and most of life he just does for the fun/challenge.

drewjustdrew
07-22-2004, 04:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nope, if I already had enough money to suit me the rest of my life I wouldn't fool around with running new companies for the fun of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel the same way. The funny thing is that the people who actually make the money are the people who continue to take these chances. Think there is something to that?

jwvdcw
07-22-2004, 06:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"Phil, these flowers are lovely."
"Oh yes, I thought it would be +EV"

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Grivan
07-22-2004, 07:32 PM
He probably does this for the same reason the Donald Trump undergoes projects like "The Apprentice." How much money do you think he made of that venture? Also he is still active in real estate and probably has an active role in any company he owns.

RPatterson
07-22-2004, 11:20 PM
If I was rich I just wouldn't want to mess around with business ventures that could take away my riches. I'd be fine with living off of the interest and playing golf and poker everyday rather than risking it on some other company.

Nemesis
07-23-2004, 01:47 AM
I doubt he put it all in the middle with fulltiltpoker.com

jagoff
07-23-2004, 12:03 PM
I ain't hatin on Phil. I think he is a pretty cool dude! If I were him I would probably go on that show too and try to finger bang the chick they set me up with at the dinner table. If she wasn't putting out then I would tell her that I could buy her anything she wanted right now. Once she warmed up to that and finally put out then I would leave her sleeping in the cold wet spot and tell her that she was lousy in the sack. I would then throw her a few bucks and tell her to go get some head lessons.

Jason Strasser
07-23-2004, 02:29 PM
BAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAA

That is so crude,

I love it.
-Jason

italianstang
07-24-2004, 06:20 PM
He was on that show with those five gay guys too, one of them (Kip or Ben or Carla or something, I dont' know their names" introduced him as a "good" friend. Eh?

djack
07-24-2004, 07:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And that's why you don't have enough money to suit you for the rest of your life.

RPatterson
07-24-2004, 08:32 PM
Queer Eye For The Straight Guy?

Nottom
07-24-2004, 09:54 PM
Yeah Phil was on Queer Eye. I assume becasue he already does the Celeb Poker Thing on Bravo.

He didn't get a makeover or anything, he was just there to give tips to a poker player they were doing IIRC.