PDA

View Full Version : Should I be in this hand?

citizenkn
07-22-2004, 03:13 PM
PokerRoom $1-2

Hero is BB, and dealt A /images/graemlins/spade.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

3 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO raises, 2 folds, Hero calls, MP1 Re-raises, MP2 calls, CO caps, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop J /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Hero checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, CO bets, hero raises, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO 3-bets, Hero calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls.

Turn 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

HEro checks, MP2 checks, CO bets, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

River 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Hero checks, MP2 checks, CO checks

Yes, a terrible idea to go for the checkraise on the river. But I'm mainly interested in the pre-flop call. The limp/re-raise from MP1 threw me for a loop. Should I have folded pre-flop? 3-bet?

kgrad5
07-22-2004, 03:15 PM
bet the river /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Sent
07-22-2004, 03:15 PM
Once you decided to call the CO's raise you should call the 3-bet etc. I like the way you played the rest. Trying for c/r on the river was ok, but it was a scare card for everyone else so betting out might've been a better option when you are first to act with the nut flush.

-Sent

chief444
07-22-2004, 03:27 PM
I think calling the first flop raise is not a great move but not terrible if you expect CO would raise a pretty wide range of hands. I think calling a limp/reraise and then cap with AJo is really bad. Even though the pot is laying you 8:1, you are VERY likely dominated here.

Chris Daddy Cool
07-22-2004, 03:31 PM
Once its capped back to you on a limp-reraise then cap, you should fold AJo. It's just asking for trouble to call.