PDA

View Full Version : Video from poultry plant show workers kicking, stomping...

Ed I
07-22-2004, 02:50 PM
and smashing chickens against walls. An animal rights group released the secretly shot video. Pilgrim's Pride, a supplier for KFC fired 11 workers on Wed. three were managers. All managers at its 24 plants were told to educate workers about animal welfare policies.

ThaSaltCracka
07-22-2004, 02:52 PM
I love fried chicken....mmmmmmmmmm.....

scotnt73
07-22-2004, 02:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
and smashing chickens against walls. An animal rights group released the secretly shot video. Pilgrim's Pride, a supplier for KFC fired 11 workers on Wed. three were managers. All managers at its 24 plants were told to educate workers about animal welfare policies.

[/ QUOTE ]

how much education do you need to know that stomping on a chicken and bashing against the wall is not good for it?

welcome to not stomping our chickens 101

elwoodblues
07-22-2004, 02:55 PM
Sounds like everything worked. Video raised consciousness of cruel treatment. Company responded appropriately. I am having chicken for dinner.

elwoodblues
07-22-2004, 02:55 PM
Apparently they needed some.

Gamblor
07-22-2004, 03:54 PM
You're going to eat the damn thing anyway.

I'm more concerned about the psychotic mentality that causes one to beat up a chicken and disrespect a food source.

The real issue is that if these guys are impulsively beating the shit out of chickens, is there a chance they might impulsively start beating the shit out of humans?

I have no moral problem with beating up a chicken, though.

It's a chicken. The only good chicken comes in bucket form.

B-Man
07-22-2004, 03:55 PM
This must be part of a vast right-wing conspiracy.

MMMMMM
07-22-2004, 06:58 PM
If so that's pretty disgusting.

Animals have feelings too. If humans feel it necessary to kill them for food, it should at least be done reasonably humanely, and without unnecessary gratuitous violence.

Pigs.

craig r
07-22-2004, 09:20 PM
I am pleasantly suprised by your comments MMMMMM. You have mentioned Buddhist priciples in your posts before, is that some of the reason you feel the way you do?

craig

MMMMMM
07-22-2004, 10:02 PM
It mainly just springs from a feeling of empathy. Animals really do have feelings and thoughts; just not at as high a level as we do.

Some Buddhist thought does indeed express a reverence or respect for all sentient beings. Even in the absence of any religion, I think that is a good general outlook.

Gamblor
07-23-2004, 09:22 AM
Jake, we can't have people pukin in the locker room before the game!

Bubbagump
07-23-2004, 04:41 PM
I thought this was horrible when I heard it. I love meat and that is never going to change. But there is no need to torture these animals. The butchering of animals for food should be done in as humane a way as possible.

That said, I would not mind seeing film footage of some rednecks throwing said cameraman against the wall and stomping his animal loving head in. There is not a more annoying group of activists in this country than PETA.

Their activism also is a little scary at times. If these people can infiltrate a food processing plant so easily, how long do you think it will be before one of the more fanatical nut jobs in the organization try to contaminate a meat processing plant with something?

Maybe I'm being a little paranoid here but not by much I think.

Bubbagump

craig r
07-23-2004, 06:28 PM
PETA is by no means a radical organization. But, lets take a group like the A.L.F. One of their major premises is to now hurt any living creature. So, why would one fear that they would contaminate food? Even when 60 minutes did a report on the ELF and ALF, 60 minutes said to date they have not hurt one human being; yet they are considered the most dangerous domestic terrorist organization according to the FBI.

Ed I
07-23-2004, 06:46 PM
If I stomped the head of everyone that annoyed me, I'd have no time for sleep.