PDA

View Full Version : Tilt Story - for entertainment and commisseration

nissan73
07-22-2004, 02:13 PM
As said, this is for entertainment and commiseration although comments are always appreciated.

I play PP $10 sng tourneys quite a bit. With the loose play and frequent all-ins I play pretty tight and perhaps a bit too passive, which ensures frequent 2nd and 3rd places but few first places.

Anyway, I found myself in the typical tourney, players overplaying weak hands, a few all ins etc. After a few limp/folds and a few trips around the blind, I found myself at about 650 chips with the BB at 50. A guy with 300 chips goes all in, I raise all in with pocket queens - no respect for the first all in but am called by a third. Luckily I win the hand making my chip total 1600+, giving me the chip lead. You'd think with my good fortune, I would stick to my tried and true tight play. A couple hands later I 3-BB raise with AJs and am called by the BB. Flop has A and two junk clubs. Caller aggressively bets flop and turn - nothing on the turn. I call figuring him for A with lower kicker. As such, little do I notice the junk club on the river when he goes all in with his flush. This costs me half my stack, down to about 750. Folding on the river would have saved my 500 alone. Oops.

A couple of hands later I am BB with K9o. I see the flop for free which comes AQ10 suited with my K. My recent nemisis bets 200. Now firmly tilted, I go all in with my flush and straight draw. Push out my nemisis but am called by another loose cannon. Miss my straight and flush and lose to his set of Aces.

I think I'll try pinball. There a tilt only costs a quarter... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

kyro
07-22-2004, 02:23 PM
It's amazing how quickly you turn into one of them. Whenever someone goes out on a missed flush draw, I chuckle to myself at how awful a play it was. I've probably been busted in a SNG 30 percent of the time because I missed my flush draw. Then afterwards, I hem and haw about how I never hit my draws. Well dummy, if you didn't toss your entire stack in on a 33 percent shot.

Oy.

TakeMeToTheRiver
07-22-2004, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I think I'll try pinball. There a tilt only costs a quarter... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't played pinball in quite a while, but doesn't it cost more than a quarter these days?

I typically tighten up big time as soon as I know I am tilting -- but that doesn't usually help in an S&G...