PDA

View Full Version : bad beat

smartalecc5
07-22-2004, 01:53 PM
I was on the bubble and had a little less than the #3 person. I get AQ suited and push all in. The guy to my right calls, everyone else folds. I scream out YES! when I see he has A 7. He has only 3 outs to beat me.......flop comes a 7. No queen anywhere. Im out of the tourney on a fricking bad-beat just like that.

Also, earlier in a ringgame i flopped a nut straight, that eventually got beaten that took away 1/3 my bankroll. AH!

cartoonsoldier
07-22-2004, 01:57 PM
Welcome to the world of poker tournaments, where the best hand PF loses quite a lot /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

WC64
07-22-2004, 02:07 PM
I had the same thing happen to me twice in 10 minutes in SNG's. There were 4 left in one I had AsQd and he had KQ off. I didnt go all in preflop but after the flop it was Q rag rag. I go all in and he calls only to hit a K on the river. I couldnt fault him for calling though is just something that happens.

I finished 3rd in the other with AQ vs A7 and a 7 flopped.

Then I got in 2 more and finished 1st and 3rd.

I think its easier for me to just drop a bad beat in a sit and go than in a MTT. You invest a few hours only to have someone put you out by hitting runners or a 2 outer and come out with nothing to show for it.

Cleveland Guy
07-22-2004, 02:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Also, earlier in a ringgame i flopped a nut straight, that eventually got beaten that took away 1/3 my bankroll. AH!

[/ QUOTE ]

Just curious - are you playing an NL ring game? That seems a high percentage of your bankroll to lose on 1 hand - no matter how bad the beat

brichr
07-22-2004, 04:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Welcome to the world of poker tournaments, where the best hand PF loses quite a lot /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Amen, brother. Always stings but happens all the time.

Jason Strasser
07-22-2004, 04:38 PM
Welcome to the forum.

While these bad beat stories can be fun to hear once in a while, in general we get way too many of them on this board. You'll get a lot of good advice from posters here about hands and such... But this is just a classic my AA lost to 43s. Bad beats happen to everyone, and because of the bubble on sngs, they happen very frequently. They happen so much, that good sng players don't even budge when they get one inflicted on them. Imagine how many situations like this you'd come across playing 4-8 SNGs per hour?

In general, try to limit these types of posts because they really don't help anyone, and don't really excite anyone. However there will really never be too many strategy questions that don't interest people to post their responses.

I'm sure you can find hands to post more valuable to this one. Best of luck,
-Jason

smartalecc5
07-22-2004, 08:41 PM
sorry sir, it is just my 2nd SNG for real money ever online and it was exciting to me. Sorry i wasted ur time for being repetitive /images/graemlins/blush.gif