PDA

View Full Version : Was that guy crying last night??

namknils
07-22-2004, 01:13 PM
The amature who qualified for the Borgata Tourney online for about $12. He got knocked out in 5th place after he made a good play and the other guy hit his miracle 10 I think. After they came back from commercial they showed him with his wife in the green room and he was saying "it's not supposed to happen that way" or something. Was he crying?! There's no crying in poker!

Rushmore
07-22-2004, 01:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The amature who qualified for the Borgata Tourney online for about $12. He got knocked out in 5th place after he made a good play and the other guy hit his miracle 10 I think. After they came back from commercial they showed him with his wife in the green room and he was saying "it's not supposed to happen that way" or something. Was he crying?! There's no crying in poker!

[/ QUOTE ]

It appeared that he was, in fact, crying.

I have mixed feelings about this. He seemed like an ok guy, underdog-type, trying to play solid, doing ok, working hard, and succeeding a bit. I want to give him a pass for crying, as I'm sure we all know poker can get emotional and draining, etc.

But I didn't give Hellmuth a pass for crying, so I gotta stick to my guns, so here goes:

Whatta little nancy-boy! Boo hoo, I lost a poker tournament! Hold me! Love me! Boo hoo! Waaaaaaaaaaaaa! Waaaaaaaaaaaaa! I'll be back! You'll see!!! Mama, give milk!! Bad man get card!!! Make it better!!!

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

toots
07-22-2004, 02:13 PM
To his credit, he did it in the relative privacy of the green room, rather than pulling a Hellmuth, making a spectacle of himself in front of the railbirds and other players.

namknils
07-22-2004, 04:34 PM
I liked the guy too, but honestly he was crying over a poker tournament that he won $30,000 or thereabouts in. Yes, the way he got knocked out sucked, but I've never cried over a poker hand and I can't see a situation in which I would.

I forgot about Helmuth's crying, that was pathetic. What a loser.

Beavis68
07-22-2004, 07:21 PM
I actually thought that was pretty low, I have never seen them show the "losers lounge" before.

And I don't blame the guy, I would not have had that much class, I probably would have called Mortenson an f'n moron, spit at the dealer, thrown my chips and VVP, called Shauna a stupid whore (which she isn't I actually think she is a classy broad) - and then cried! At the very least I would have gone Eskimo on them "m'frs want my to shake their river sucking hand!".

Like he said, it was a once in a lifetime shot, and he felt he blew it. At least he wasn't some sappy "I'm just happy to be here type" He was competitive, he wanted the whole thing.

I was impressed by that.

Meatmaw
07-22-2004, 07:24 PM
Please tell me where I can view this footage (of Hellmuth). please please please please. Please!

Rushmore
07-22-2004, 09:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And I don't blame the guy, I would not have had that much class, I probably would have called Mortenson an f'n moron, spit at the dealer, thrown my chips and VVP, called Shauna a stupid whore (which she isn't I actually think she is a classy broad) - and then cried! At the very least I would have gone Eskimo on them "m'frs want my to shake their river sucking hand!".

[/ QUOTE ]

You are obviously just shucking for a spot on Dutch Boyd's Pathetic Pediatric Poker Posse.

jdl22
07-22-2004, 11:08 PM
What does going Eskimo entail?