PDA

View Full Version : Cold Callers

Riposte
07-22-2004, 12:54 PM
PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, SB calls.

River: (14.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, CO calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 20.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 20.50 BB, between CO, SB and Hero.</font>

kgrad5
07-22-2004, 12:59 PM
the raise on the flop is questionable i think theres a good case for a fold, but raise isnt a bad option either imo, however when he leads the turn you should fold, you dont have a good kicker and he doesnt seem afraid of a 7 so he has A7 2 pair or an over pair methinks... so... fold, oh and a one card straight is out there with 2 coldcallers... so fold again says me

Bill Smith
07-22-2004, 01:10 PM
Your hand is vulnerable but it is probably the best hand on the flop. I like the raise here to charge any draw and find out where you stand. However, I think the turn is an automatic fold - SB does a stop-and-go on a potential straight-completing card. Unless you have a read saying SB plays wildly at dangerous boards with nothing, you muck and don't think twice about it.

chief444
07-22-2004, 01:16 PM
You picked a reasonable time to make a raise on the flop and try to knock a couple of opponents out. It didn't work and there is now a fair chance you are behind on the turn plus a lot of cards that could put you behind if you aren't. SB bets into you again. I would fold. I think throwing 4 more BB's in on the turn and river with a fairly weak hand is a mistake. The pot is fairly big but only because you raised every street. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif It was small enough on the turn to let this one go, IMO.