PDA

View Full Version : Colored Contact Users - Please Reply

RED_RAIN
07-22-2004, 09:41 AM
I am thinking of getting color contacts.

I forget the brand but I have a trial clear pair right now.
They are bigger than my old non-colored pair but I heard this is how all colored ones are.
I heard they wouldn't be as comfortable which for the first few hours seems true.
I can't remember the brand off hand but they have a FL green letters on the contact.
The ones I am getting are not really colored but called radiant where they bring out your nature color and seem to make it look like your eyes are always sparkling.

Anyone have opinions or experience with colored contacts?

NoChance
07-22-2004, 10:12 AM
I use the Focus 1-2 week contacts. This last order, I went with the royal blue color. I had always just had the plain ones before that. When I look in the mirror I can definately tell the difference when my contacts are in but nobody has ever made a comment. With this brand, the contacts are the same size whether they are colored or not, so I have no extra discomfort wearing them.

I wear glasses when I get home from work so I would guess I wear contacts for 50% of each day and glasses for the other 50%. I notice no difference in my vision. The San Diego Chargers have reported that David Boston has always wore red tinted contacts and they swear it has affected his ability to see and catch the ball. They told him to wear regular colored contacts this off season and report he is seeing the ball better. I have a hard time believing this because as I stated earlier, I see no difference.

I am not sure I answered what you were looking for, but that is my experience.

*I am either going to get green next time or revert back to no color. I am undecided.

scotnt73
07-22-2004, 10:32 AM
i have dark brow eyes(almost black) and i was shocked when i tried on a pair of violet ones about 5 years ago. the color was SO vivid! I wore them off an on for about a year and got alot of positive comments about them(i was a waiter at the olive garden at the time)

i quit wearing them because i only have 1 bad eye and only wear 1 contact so the second one was just to match with no prescription and its much less work just dealing with one contact.

astroglide
07-22-2004, 07:55 PM
also, dude, chinaman is not the preferred nomenclature.

miamikid
07-22-2004, 08:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
also, dude, chinaman is not the preferred nomenclature.

[/ QUOTE ]

What the f~ck are you talking about? The chinaman is not the issue here, dude. I'm talking about drawing a line in the sand, dude. Across this line, you DO NOT...

RED_RAIN
07-22-2004, 09:45 PM
What are you talking about?

astroglide
07-22-2004, 11:40 PM
re-read your topic carefully, then watch the big lebowski