PDA

View Full Version : Twosday

StellarWind
07-22-2004, 08:58 AM
Folks, *please* do not start another debate about my preflop play on this hand. We've all heard this discussion a million times and we don't need another one today. Thanks /images/graemlins/laugh.gif!

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)
The Button is a loose player that I do not know well. No read on MP1; this ambush came as a surprise.

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif.
Hero calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, Button checks.

Turn: (3.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero ???</font>

Surfbullet
07-22-2004, 11:02 AM
Before my recent stint at SH I would have stayed in check/fold mode, however...

now, I would bet the turn, and fold to a raise. The biggest question here is what MP1 has - it would be annoying to bet the turn and river and be shown a scared red tens or somesuch.

If the river is a brick, and one of the players folded the turn, I would bet out again. If it's a T, K, A, or spade; or if both players called the turn I would check fold.

I hate playing 22 out of position... (curse that preflop call! j/k /images/graemlins/grin.gif)

Surf

J.R.
07-22-2004, 11:51 AM
Bets. What to do if raised is more interesting, but its likely MP1 has something like red middle pocket pair in this spot and chickened out (or perhaps a monster like Asxs), but a big pair, set, top pair, second pair, even a big spade should all be firing here. My guess is MP1 doesn't want this pot so take it and the button is loose so he should not be of great concern, especially given the flop check.

Your position affords you the first right to claim this abandoned pot, so I'd jump on the opportunity. If MP1 is slowplaying and pops the turn, well, I think I would call because of the flush draw and my expectation that MP1 would bet a big spade on the flop (even though the turn raise would be consistent with a fishily played 2 big spades). If the button raises the turn I fold.

StellarWind
07-22-2004, 04:10 PM
I bet the turn and only MP1 called. The 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif hit the river /images/graemlins/cool.gif. I bet and got paid. He mucked red fives.

What an awesome all-street display of poker savvy on his part /images/graemlins/smile.gif.