PDA

View Full Version : 30-60 slop on the button.

03-27-2002, 04:14 AM
i have Jc9d on the button and 3 loose players limp. i decide that ill show them who's loose and i call. the blinds call.

the flop is 5c3c2c. utg bets, cutoff calls, i call. blinds and others fold. 3 of us now.

the turn is the Qc. utg checks, mp bets, i raise, utg gets really huffy and shows his hand to his neighbor and acts like he's going to throw his hand away. then he thinks about it and calls. the mp folds.

the river is 7s. utg checks to me and i bet.

comments?

03-27-2002, 05:05 AM
I put UTG on either a set or a flopped straight?!?!

I say nice river bet.

lars

03-27-2002, 06:59 AM
Your flop call was bad unless the blinds never ever sandbag. Even then it would be debatable.

03-27-2002, 07:18 AM
It depends how tricky your opponent is. If he's the tricky type, he either has Ac for the nut flush or flopped a straight flush.

03-27-2002, 07:47 AM
When I first started to read this hand I thought okay, the call before the flop is marginal but probably worth some profit against bad loose players. Then when I saw the flop call i thought to myself "this is precisely one reason for most players NOT to play this hand". A player plays something marginal then gets trapped by making a not so good flop call. If you are a true expert at post flop play then calling with that J9o is going to be profitable but if you play any less then expertly it is probably just going to cost you money- often times because you compound the problem on the flop and turn. Anyway I would have folded on the flop with that hand.

Kris

03-27-2002, 10:51 AM
very well put Goat, and as David said conditions must be perfect to even see the flop...

03-27-2002, 12:30 PM
I frankly don't even see how an expert can turn calling on the flop into +EV in the long run. You're just begging to be trapped. What happens if you're check-raised on the flop? What happens if the club comes on the turn and you get action? Do you really want to hit a J or a 9 and then what would you do? At the risk of sounding condescending, if I saw someone make this play I'd be thinking that this a a person I definitely want in my game.

Furthermore, I don't know how you could have such a read on the other players to know where you're at.

Claude

03-27-2002, 12:44 PM
Easy. It's 4:1 that UTG flopped a smaller flush and is showing his neighbor the bad beat. 1:4 that he has the Kc.

You bet. 80% of the time you win.

Regards, Lee

03-27-2002, 01:55 PM
"i decide that ill show them who's loose"

See Tommy A.'s post above.

"the flop is 5c3c2c. utg bets, cutoff calls, i call"

Feh. I'd prefer to give up my one small bet investment.

No question in my mind your hand is good; I wouldn't have been there, but if I was, I would have bet the river too.

03-27-2002, 01:57 PM
What's "feh"?

03-27-2002, 02:23 PM
"No question in my mind your hand is good"

that's what i was thinking. imagine my surprise when he called and turned over KcTc. he really was close to tossing it on the turn: it wasnt just a brilliant act.

03-27-2002, 02:26 PM
Yecch. My grandmother used the word a lot, usually because I gave her ample reason to do so.

03-27-2002, 02:28 PM
Well, that shows why I couldn't have called on the flop. I obviously would have had no idea where I would have been.

03-27-2002, 02:32 PM
I'd never even thought about it - I guess I grew up hearing it enough.

Via Google...

=============================================

Feh: There really is no translation for "feh" - the closest you might come is "p'shaw!" It is used to express disbelief or disgust. "Feh!" is so expressive that when it is used, no further explanation is generally required, such as:

(upon hearing that someone you hate has just been awarded the Nobel Peace prize) "Feh!"

(upon hearing that your wonderful son the doctor has been sued for malpractice) "Feh!"

(upon hearing that Congress has awarded itself yet another pay raise) "Feh!"

You get the idea.

03-27-2002, 02:34 PM

03-27-2002, 05:14 PM
Yes, I would have played the the same way, and look at Kc10h. Anyway, your next post should be under mikeel (he-he).