PDA

View Full Version : Foxwoods tonight

Kurn, son of Mogh
07-22-2004, 08:35 AM
Playing in the Act III

Look for the beer-bellied, middleaged bald guy with a gray goatee and a gold Mohegan slot dollar as a card protector.

Joe Tall
07-22-2004, 09:30 AM
Thrusdays the games have great due to the Act IIIs and I've been down there nearly every thrusday for the last six weeks. However, today I'm headed to Fenway and then to a charity dinner and booze cruise.

Next time and good luck tonight.

Peace,
Joe Tall

Kurn, son of Mogh
07-22-2004, 09:55 AM
Unfortunately, you'll probably need the booze after Fenway.

Joe Tall
07-22-2004, 10:04 AM
you'll probably need the booze after Fenway.

I dont' know what you mean. It's win, loss, win, loss, win, loss, etc. So after last night's loss, I should be fine.

Peace,
Joe tall

JoeU
07-22-2004, 10:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I dont' know what you mean. It's win, loss, win, loss, win, loss, etc. So after last night's loss, I should be fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

C'mon Joe, come back to reality. Its the end of July. Doesn't it go win, loss, loss, win, Pedro complains, win, loss, loss, Manny finds his way back to the ballpark, win, win, hope springs eternal, loss, loss, back to the Charles River to drownd your sorrows?

Sorry, I had to take the cheapshot. Good luck tonight Kurn. If I can find the time to sneak away, I'll be wearing the Matsui jersey to Foxwoods (of course). /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Joe

highlife
07-22-2004, 10:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
C'mon Joe, come back to reality. Its the end of July. Doesn't it go win, loss, loss, win, Pedro complains, win, loss, loss, Manny finds his way back to the ballpark, win, win, hope springs eternal, loss, loss, back to the Charles River to drownd your sorrows?

Sorry, I had to take the cheapshot. Good luck tonight Kurn. If I can find the time to sneak away, I'll be wearing the Matsui jersey to Foxwoods (of course).

Joe

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that is a bit different than the Yankees the past few years. Spend, Spend, Win, Win ...... Win, Lose World series to expansion team, Bitch, Moan, Complain, Spend, Spend, Spend....Spend, Inflate salaries exponentially, Win, Win, Win, Lose in Playoffs, Bitch Moan Complain, Spend x Infinity, Win ... Win, Lose World series to expansion team, Bitch Moan Complain, threaten to fire best manager in baseball, Bitch and Moan, Spend some more....., Sign best infielder in the game, make him move positions....Win, Win....

GO YANKEES!

JoeU
07-22-2004, 10:34 AM
You forgot to add the World Series wins and the fact that George does pay a tax on those salaries. Besides, they can't be that bad, the Devil Rays SOLD OUT this week! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Joe

highlife
07-22-2004, 10:42 AM
yeah you are right, its okay to ruin baseball as long as you pay a meaningless inadequet luxury tax.

there are alot of geriatrics down in FL from the bronx, why not catch one more yankees game before you die.

TheGrifter
07-22-2004, 10:43 AM
YANKEES SUCK!

That is all. Have a good day.

JoeU
07-22-2004, 10:46 AM
The Devil Rays had never sold out until this week. The snow birds are up here for the summer, thats why they are "snow birds".

We can argue Yanks/Sox on another forum.

Kurn, good luck tonight, maybe I'll see ya. Joe, have fun at the game.

Joe

Kurn, son of Mogh
07-22-2004, 10:52 AM
back to the Charles River to drownd your sorrows?

We have no need to drown our sorrows anymore. 7 weeks from tonight, we'll all be happy again.

Kurn, son of Mogh
07-22-2004, 10:54 AM
I'd rather argue football.

Kurn, son of Mogh
07-22-2004, 10:57 AM
YANKEES SUCK!

As a Red Sox fan, I find in important to point out how moronic the above statement is.

Now if you wanted to state that NY has 3 football teams, and they all suck, well, that's different. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

JoeU
07-22-2004, 11:02 AM
I agree 100%, all 3 NY football teams suck!, so does that one in New England! Robert Kraft is the antichrist, if you didn't know. So is Peter Karmanos! Guess where I'm from. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS!

Joe

highlife
07-22-2004, 11:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Now if you wanted to state that NY has 3 football teams, and they all suck, well, that's different.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually they only have one as far as I'm considered, how can you have a team that plays "home" games in a different state?

TheGrifter
07-22-2004, 11:16 AM
Kurn,

New York Sucks?

Kurn, son of Mogh
07-22-2004, 11:33 AM
I like NY. I just like Boston better. See, I'm not a native New Englander, so I don't have this "hate NY" mentality ingrained. I'm from NJ but I chose to live in New England. I'm a Boston fan in all sports except hockey. Well, that's not exactly true. My favorite hockey team and the hockey team I hate the most both have "Boston" in their name.

NHL-wise, I'm a Devils fan. Gotta cheer for my roots somewhere.

TheGrifter
07-22-2004, 11:59 AM
How convenient that you cheer for your roots with the only Jersey team that wins anything, ever. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sponger15SB
07-22-2004, 12:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How convenient that you cheer for your roots with the only Jersey team that wins anything, ever. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

i think you are forgetting about the two time eastern conference champions, the NJ Nets! wooo, the east, 2nd hardest division in the NBA.

TheGrifter
07-22-2004, 12:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think you are forgetting about the two time eastern conference champions, the NJ Nets! wooo, the east, 2nd hardest division in the NBA.

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume you're joking about the Nets. The 3rd best team in the east...which makes them the 17th best team in the NBA.

TomCollins
07-22-2004, 12:27 PM
With all this NYC vs Boston crap, I feel like I am back at Foxwoods. I want to go back /images/graemlins/frown.gif

nothumb
07-22-2004, 01:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like NY. I just like Boston better. See, I'm not a native New Englander, so I don't have this "hate NY" mentality ingrained.

[/ QUOTE ]

I only moved up here 5 years ago from North Carolina, where I already hated New York and especially the Yankees. Why? Well, 'cause they're called the Yankees, and we in the South think they pretty much represent everything that's been wrong with America since the Civil War. (No, I don't think the South should have won.)

Plus, my dad is an Orioles fan (and I was too until Cal retired... now I'm thinking about trying out /images/graemlins/blush.gif ) so hating the Yankees is crucial. I think I became a Boston fan BECAUSE I hated everything about New York before I even got up here (and not as if the Orioles were threatening or anything). There, I'll admit it: I probably started likin' em BECAUSE I HATE THE YANKEES. I love the Sox and I like the mentality of the organization and its fans more than any team (except the 1990's Braves... man that was a great team to be a fan of.) Even if they are almost as much of a corporate behemoth as NY.

The only place I get to be a completely knee-jerk class warrior is sports, so let me have my fun. I have to pretend to be reasonable about the other stuff.

NT

highlife
07-22-2004, 01:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
(except the 1990's Braves... man that was a great team to be a fan of.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm gonna have to assume you are joking here, the Braves fans are hands down the LEAST knowledgable fans in baseball, perhaps in all of pro sports with exception to the hockey towns in the south.

Kurn, son of Mogh
07-22-2004, 02:03 PM
I'll cheer for the Nets if the Celtics aren't involved.

chesspain
07-22-2004, 07:03 PM
While passing through Seattle earlier this week, I went to Safeco Field and saw the Sox hold on Tuesday afternoon to win after they blew a seven run lead. They certaintly didn't look like contenders /images/graemlins/smirk.gif.

Spartacus
07-24-2004, 10:35 AM
Can you give us a semi-report on the ACT IIIs? Usual stuff, number of players, quality, blind structure and anything else you find pertinent. Thanks.....

PS If you posted one that I have not found, maybe some one could prvoide me with a link? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Kurn, son of Mogh
07-24-2004, 01:30 PM
I posted a hand from it on the multi-table forum, entitled AJs UTG.

66 started, I'm not sure how many paid the $1,050, but I'll bet it was more than 5. I saw a number of familiar faces in the crowd, many of whom are among the better higher-limit players there. It's safe to say there's a much larger jump in skill level from Act II to Act III than from Act I to Act II.

You start with 3,000 and the blinds go up every 20 minutes and antes begin at level V. You can download a *.pdf file outlining all this at Foxwoods' web site.

My table started out pretty tough and aggressive with one guy playing pretty loose and building up a huge stack by level II. Then, as I mentioned in my other post, the guy on my immediate left busted out and who gets moved there but Paul Darden.

I went out in 28th place, 16 from the money (12th got $840, 11-7 got another Act III, top 6 got the $10K buy-in).

I could've gotten knocked out on level three when I got AKo raised, got called in 2 places, and then the flop came A-K-9 2 hearts and the BB (had me well covered) went all-in with QhJh. I called and he didn't hit his draw. However, I had to lay down some hands I raised preflop.

100/200 I open-raise to 600 on the button with QdJd, Darden calls from the SB and the BB makes it 1200 to go. I call & Darden calls and the flop has an ace and no diamonds, BB bets the pot and takes it down right there.

Later I folded TT on the button to an all-in UTG raise for about 2/3 of my stack (I had about 8 BB left). In retrospect I should've taken my stand right there. The blindes were 200/400/a50 at the time.

They'd gone up to 300/600/a75 when I got K2s UTG and decided I didn't want to be left with less than 3 BB after the blinds passed me, so I took my stand. My hopes got high when it was folded around to the BB, but he had QQ and no K saved me.

All-in-all, I don't think I played badly, but now that I have one under my belt I'll be better prepared next time.

Spartacus
07-24-2004, 06:02 PM
Thanks for the dope. Good luck in the next one....