PDA

View Full Version : PP - $5/10 - AQo, what now?

masland
07-22-2004, 07:47 AM
UTG+1 - calling station/fish 65% VP$IP
CO - no read, first hand at table

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (10.40 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, CO calls.

Turn: (7.20 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero ...

What should I be taking into account when faced with a turn re-raise while holding TPTK? Would my decision be different if CO called rather than raised pre-flop? Results will be posted soon, thanks.

masland
07-22-2004, 09:35 AM
one and only - bump

BassMan712
07-22-2004, 09:56 AM
I'd 3 bet the flop. Then, you will have a better idea of where to go from there.

Guy McSucker
07-22-2004, 09:57 AM
I'm just learning but I'll give it a shot.

If he's a good player, you're losing here. If he's a poor, passive player, you're losing here. If you're losing, you're very far behind, probably drawing dead. On the other hand, if he's a moron, you're winning by a very long way.

But we don't know him, so...

To call down you're getting just over 5.5-1 pot odds (call now and again on the river). Given this is Party and we don't know him, we just need to ask whether there's a better than one in six chance he's a moron.

Are more than one sixth of Party $5-10 players morons? If so, call down.

Okay how did I do?

Guy.

Tosh
07-22-2004, 10:06 AM
How do you propose to 3 bet the flop?

meep_42
07-22-2004, 03:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet out.

-d

sthief09
07-22-2004, 03:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet out.

-d

[/ QUOTE ]

with a player in the middle? have fun.

sthief09
07-22-2004, 04:00 PM
well, you're getting 5.5-1 from the pot on this one. the only hand I can see you beating, that would play it this way, is if you river A /images/graemlins/heart.gifAx or K /images/graemlins/heart.gifKx, or if you're ahead of J /images/graemlins/heart.gifJx, T /images/graemlins/heart.gifTx, or AK with a /images/graemlins/heart.gif.

how many players would now raise this turn with just a high /images/graemlins/heart.gif and no pair after you raised preflop and check-raised the flop? he's got to realize that you've got a hand that you're not letting go of.

so I muck. the times when you're ahead, you'll lose 1/3 of the time, and the times when you're behind, you're drawing to 0, 2, or 4 outs. I suppose you can call the turn and fold to an A, K, or /images/graemlins/heart.gif on the river.

I also suppose AQ is an option too, freerolling with the A /images/graemlins/heart.gif, but I see him 3-betting that on the flop.

arkady
07-22-2004, 04:05 PM
you are up against K /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif here and should fold.