PDA

View Full Version : Browns under 7.5 - free money

natedogg
07-22-2004, 04:12 AM
Lay the -150 on this, it's like getting free money.

natedogg

jwvdcw
07-24-2004, 08:58 PM
Eh, not so fast:

-First of all, remember that you're giving -150 here
-They're in the weakest division in all of football. Its not hard at all to imagine them going 3-3 in that division
-I'm still not sold on Garcia, but he is a former pro bowl QB who could thrive with many very good but not one great WR
-Speaking of their WRs, as I said they have many very good ones...well one could be ready to bust out as an elite one. Your guess is as good as mine, however, as to which one.
-2 young promising RBs. While fantasy owners hate RBBCs, they seem to be all good for NFL teams.
-Coach Davis' last chance. He'll be fired if they don't improve this year, so he's desparate. This is key imo because if they're say 7-8 going into the last game, he'll want to win convincingly to possibly save his job.

With all that said, I still agree with you....just playing a little devil's advocate.

eggzz
07-27-2004, 09:13 PM
Eh, not so fast fast,

I agree with JW. Don't think I'm partial to Cleveland or anything because I live here, as any good gambler knows, don't bet on or against the home team just because you live there.

I've also never been a fan of Davis. Just don't think he has adjusted to the way things go in the NFL. He tries to rule with an iron fist too much, and that just doesn't fly here. However, I do think this team, with the addition of that punk Winslow will have a solid all around team. Watchout, I think I might just have to play the over, since it is not an overlay. In this weak division, this team should be able to go 8-8 easily, if not 9-7.

In minicamps, the offense is already talking about how crisp and decisive Garcia is and the receiving corps are pretty excited about that. Winslow could be a real field stretcher, and their defense should be above average. Its all about injuries baby, if they stay healthy, unlike last year, the over is the play.