PDA

View Full Version : Dear ESPN, THANK YOU!

Jurollo
07-22-2004, 02:00 AM
Just a quick thought. How great is it that throughout the first few weeks of the WSOP coverage ESPN has shown all these players going all in with K5o, and A3, A5, Kent Washington is my new god just because of the fish effect these shows should undoubtedly have, due to ESPN's presentation it makes the play look stunningly poor even at these final tables. If people start pretending to be little Kent Washington's I will be driving a BMW later this year! Thanks ESPN!

RPatterson
07-22-2004, 03:01 AM
Praise be to Kent Washington! Between him and "the crew" there will be an army of 21-year old all-in players to compete against!

newcool
07-22-2004, 08:28 AM
lol

wayabvpar
07-22-2004, 01:09 PM
Unfortunately, Kent Washington got knocked the hell out of the tournament precisely BECAUSE he calls all in bets with cheese like Axo. Hopefully that part will escape the fishies /images/graemlins/smile.gif

SossMan
07-22-2004, 02:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately, Kent Washington got knocked the hell out of the tournament precisely BECAUSE he calls all in bets with cheese like Axo. Hopefully that part will escape the fishies /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Kent is a dealer at Lucky Chances in San Francisco. Nice guy...really wacky player, though. Does some strange things. Have seen him overcall two all in's with 6 left at the final table (he was chip leader by a little, and both stacks would pretty much decimate his stack) with 46suited. He of course lost the hand, and was out on the next hand. Bizarre.

Cleveland Guy
07-22-2004, 04:12 PM
I had this on the bubble of a SnG last night. 4 people left - I'm the chip leader with 6k. Get AQ- raise to 750. Called by a guy with 2.5K. Flop comes AQx.

I push him in - he calls with K10 - hits a J on the river.

I hang around a bit - knowing he'll do this again. I get KK vs. his big blind and just limp in. Flop comes J95. I bet - he raises all in. I call. Moron had 10-5. I cripple him and he loses shortly there after.

MicroBob
07-22-2004, 04:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
overcall two all in's with 6 left at the final table (he was chip leader by a little, and both stacks would pretty much decimate his stack) with 46suited.

[/ QUOTE ]

i wish they showed THIS play on espn.
and if he somehow won this hand on national tv our games would never be the same again.

jwvdcw
07-22-2004, 07:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I had this on the bubble of a SnG last night. 4 people left - I'm the chip leader with 6k. Get AQ- raise to 750. Called by a guy with 2.5K. Flop comes AQx.

I hang around a bit - knowing he'll do this again. I get KK vs. his big blind and just limp in. Flop comes J95. I bet - he raises all in. I call. Moron had 10-5. I cripple him and he loses shortly there after.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif
You sure you're in the right thread?

Sponger15SB
07-22-2004, 09:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif
You sure you're in the right thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

I had similar thoughts.

Muck off
07-22-2004, 11:21 PM
ken wash is a good guy, hes a good dealer always cheerful and talking, ive played with him in the tourny's at chances too, very unpredictable, you never know what hes playing....even i gotta say that A5 call was pretty stupid.