PDA

View Full Version : Did I Play This Right?

banditdad
07-22-2004, 01:40 AM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP2 folds, Button folds, SB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 18 BB

kureido
07-22-2004, 02:00 AM
I probably would check-call this river -- he may have hit a straight on the turn holding QT or four-flush holding two clubs, then made his flush on the river. He certainly acted like he was on a draw on the flop. Without a specific read as to what SB would have cold-called with in the small blind, though, I'm not entirely sure. But I'd probably play it safe on the river.

Then again, I did suck pretty bad tonight, so maybe my advice isn't worth the e-paper it's printed on /images/graemlins/smile.gif

-b

Brian
07-22-2004, 03:05 AM
Hi bandit,

I'm folding pre-Flop without a read on the Button. In my experience with the low limits, most players are completely oblivious to position, and a Button raise after limpers is as likely to mean a strong hand as an UTG raise. Meaning that, you are often completely dominated and will often be forced to be a pay-off station post-Flop to a better hand.

On the Flop, I would have gone for a check-raise, hoping to thin the field in this relatively large pot. It's almost a given that everyone will check to the Button and that he will then bet, so this seems like a good time to check-raise.

Your call of the Turn check-raise is fine, because the pot has become too large to fold. But your River 3-bet is abysmal. He's just check-raised you twice; he's either a bluffer with big balls, or he's got you beat by a hand like QT or 88. I'd bet my money on the latter. Just call the River check-raise.

-Brian

kenewbie
07-22-2004, 03:33 AM
Preflop looks good.

I would check/raise the flop then bet out on the turn. I would call his raise there and probably bet into him on the river like you did.

Dont 3-bet here, you are most likely behind. Just call the raise.

k

banditdad
07-22-2004, 10:06 AM
He did beat me with a straight to the Jack. He went in on the flop with a T7o and caught his straight on the turn. Part of my analysis on playing this aggressively was:
1. I had seen him play aggressively with T5o, 74o, 73s, J2o, Q2o. According to Poker Tracker he called the flop 71% of the time and won 29%. Shouldn't I have been aggressive in this situation? I do agree that I should have not reraised on the river and maybe even just checked it.