PDA

View Full Version : Raise or just call?

gibs
07-21-2004, 11:21 PM
I have been doing some bonus whoring lately and thus have been playing lower stakes, mostly 3/6 and 2/4. On one hand I had KQ, raised PF, and got one caller. Flop came out with a queen and two rags, no real draws present. So I bet both the flop and turn and the guy calls me. Then the river pairs a low card on the board and my oppenent bets into me. I have seen this play a lot at the lower levels and am pretty sure that he is bluffing, though I cannot be certain. If he had hit trips you would think that he would usually go for the check raise. But I just called and as I thought my hand was good. My question here is should I put in a raise in this situation? I thought about doing it since I have seen this play many times before, but in the end I just called. So is is it better to raise or just call on the end when you think he is bluffing but not sure?

nepenthe
07-21-2004, 11:23 PM
I'd just call in this situation against an unknown. If you have a read on him as a habitual river bluffer, AS A LOT OF PARTY PLAYERS ARE (assuming that's where you're playing), then sure, punish his ass.

sthief09
07-22-2004, 02:38 AM
I'd raise. I notice people doing this too, and most of the time they have a crappy pair.

Joshua
07-22-2004, 02:50 AM
Pairing the board seems to bring out the bluffer in everyone at Party. I would raise the river bet.