PDA

View Full Version : Top pair, monotone flop

Rico Suave
07-21-2004, 10:33 PM
Opponent has thus far been unremarkable.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Rico is SB with 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Rico completes, BB checks,

Flop: (5 SB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Rico checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Rico raises</font>, BB folds, MP1 calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Rico bets</font>,.....

Curious about the flop play here.

--Rico

sthief09
07-22-2004, 02:12 AM
you plan to fold to a raise right? I don't think calling should even be an option.

Rico Suave
07-22-2004, 08:12 AM
Sthief:

[ QUOTE ]
you plan to fold to a raise right?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes. I figured the turn bet to be the last $ put into the pot (unless I improve, of course).

-Rico

chief444
07-22-2004, 08:29 AM
Rico,

This seems pretty routine and good on both the flop and turn.

What do you do if MP1 just calls the turn? Lead the river, check/call, or check/fold? I'm assuming bet and fold to a raise just as on the turn but do you feel a turn call changes anything? Obviously the opponent would be less likely to call 2 bets with hands you beat than call 1 bet.

- Chief