PDA

View Full Version : Rockets

sublime
07-21-2004, 07:42 PM
PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)

UTG+1 was on his way to being noted as a LAG. He was villian in my previous hand and has posted out of postion also. I wasnt to quick to slap a label on him however, as I had not seen him actually showdown a hand

Co is unknown

Preflop: Sublime is MP1 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $2.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Sublime 3-bets</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, CO (poster) calls, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, Sublime calls, CO calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Sublime calls, CO calls.

My initial though is to call and see if CO will come along, which judging by his action up to this point seemed likely. Now this is what I DIDNT think about. If CO holds KQ he he getting odds to call his gutshot not only on the flop but also on the turn.

Turn: (8.25 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Sublime calls, CO calls.

I really think I should have raised here /images/graemlins/mad.gif

I tried to get to cute against bad players.

EDIT: I suck again, I dont know what has gotten into me. But plays I have been making for months, I just dont make. I have a vaction coming up, maybe that will clear up this bout of poker-idiocy.

River: (11.25 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>

<font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Sublime raises</font>, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Sublime caps</font>, UTG+1 calls.

FWIW, UTG+1 turned over 88

MoreWineII
07-21-2004, 07:50 PM
I think if you're involved in a hand against a person you've read as LAG, you've got to put in as many bets as you can with a big hand. LAG's tend to view raises into them as a challenge and he probably would have given you action throughout the whole hand - enough action to make up for the loss of the CO.

I think I would have given him all he could eat.

Normally, I'd probably wait until the turn to raise here, but UTG+1 looks like he's found something he likes, I might have pumped it all the way.

Am I crazy?

Danenania
07-21-2004, 07:54 PM
I think just calling the flop is fine, but i can think of no reason not to raise the turn. There are two possible flush draws and a couple straight draws out there now that aren't going anywhere. Make them pay now. I think you missed a lot of bets by waiting til the river. Also, what do you do if a spade falls and CO wakes up and raises? It will be hard for you to do more than call even though you could still be ahead. Get the money in when you KNOW you're way ahead.

MoreWineII
07-21-2004, 07:59 PM
Even if I'm wrong, I got to use the phrase "all you can eat" in relation to poker, which is always a plus. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Danenania
07-21-2004, 08:01 PM
Most definitely.

bakku
07-21-2004, 08:03 PM
Not raising the flop against a LAG sucks, but it can be overlooked.
Not raising the turn, as Sklansky would say, is "A crime against humanity."

bisonbison
07-21-2004, 08:04 PM
Sublime, if you're ever going to play poker again, raise the turn.

sublime
07-21-2004, 08:13 PM

Ehhh thats even debateable with the presence of the call station. The chances of him having an ace are very small and I figured I could keep him around for the turn and disguise my hand a little.

The turn is poor, again I am thinking like a newbie recently. I figure I can wait till the river and rsie him up there. Again I wasnt positive this guy was a LAG and people on stars are capable of laying down hands (okay now I am making excuses)

I beleive it may be an overload of info/playing time.

I have a vacation next week and that should help clear my head. Thanks guys

Trix
07-21-2004, 09:02 PM
Raise flop, you dont like gutshots. Same on turn.

Joe Tall
07-21-2004, 09:24 PM
What is this trend waiting for the river to raise? I don't like it.

Peace,
Joe Tall

GuidoSarducci
07-21-2004, 11:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Not raising the turn, as Sklansky would say, is "A crime against humanity."

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about the flop call "sucking". I agree with Sublime that, with 3 aces out already, the chance of the case ace being in LAG's hand is small, thus I like the idea of paying out enough rope for LAG to hang himself while I'm holding, at absolute worst, a split hand.

That being said, not raising the turn was a crime. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

nepenthe
07-21-2004, 11:21 PM
OK, so you called the flop, fine.

But not raising a non-flush turn? You should be hanged upside to dry. There are TWO flush draws on the turn now, plus a *possible* gutshot to the nuts. You MUST make them pay.

sthief09
07-22-2004, 01:59 AM
what's with not raising when you hit a set or straight?

you know you flopped a set, right?

slowplaying accomplishes next to nothing in a 2/4 online game.

sublime
07-22-2004, 07:38 AM
slowplaying accomplishes next to nothing in a 2/4 online game.

Yeah the call on the flop is debateable and the call on the turn is horrible. I really cant explain what has gotten into me. The KQs hand and AA are just inexcuseable. This crap probably belongs in the pysch forum, but its a form of tilt. On the plus side, I realize immediatly that I played them like a newbie and posted them in order to rectify the situatution. Its the old two steps forward and one back.

ps
this thread is closed, I dont need anybody else to kick me (you hear that Tosh?) /images/graemlins/grin.gif