PDA

View Full Version : 2005 WSOP seat

Acesover8s
07-21-2004, 07:01 PM
Hey, just a headsup, Absolute is running a $15 + 1 satellite for the 2005 WSOP on the 29th (thursday). 1 Seat guaranteed. My guess is that there is going to be a large overlay on this.

I believe this is the first satellite being held for this event.

Acesover8s
07-29-2004, 11:55 AM
Bump!

This is running concurrently with KOTZ tongiht, only 200 players registered so far, HUGE overlay.

Stew
07-29-2004, 12:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bump!

This is running concurrently with KOTZ tongiht, only 200 players registered so far, HUGE overlay.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes and the sad thing is I won a seat via a 200 Absolute Points Tournament last Thursday and it doesn't show that I'm registered, nor do I know how to register.

I've sent emails to everyone on Absoute's contact list and have gotten ZERO response. Not cool.

n1stunnor
07-29-2004, 04:01 PM
I played a point satellite there a while ago,and they send you an email that you're supposed to reply to.After you reply,they put the satellite prize($16 in your case) in your account and you have to register manually.

Aces McGee
07-29-2004, 04:06 PM
what time is the satellite starting?

Acesover8s
07-29-2004, 04:26 PM
10 PM EST I believe.

Meatmaw
07-29-2004, 04:51 PM
Can you explain what an "overlay" is?

Thanks!

Homer
07-29-2004, 04:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Can you explain what an "overlay" is?

Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

Basically it means the amount paid out is greater than the sum of the buy-ins.

For example, if there is a $10,000 guaranteed tourney with a $10 buyin, it has an overlay if less than 1000 players enter.

-- Homer

Stew
07-29-2004, 07:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I played a point satellite there a while ago,and they send you an email that you're supposed to reply to.After you reply,they put the satellite prize($16 in your case) in your account and you have to register manually.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just noticed that the tourney I won is still available for viewing under the "Tourneys", then "Special", it is tourney #5886, Absolute Rewards WSOP Hold 'Em that was played at 21:00 on July 22nd.

Anyway, I never got an email, nor did I get any credit to my account, I just checked my account history to verify that. What really pisses me off about it, is I have sent emails to every contact address on their website TWICE and received no response.

Oh well, I guess I'll never play in a Rewards tourney again, unless this is rectified.

Acesover8s
08-01-2004, 02:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
Bump!

Yes and the sad thing is I won a seat via a 200 Absolute Points Tournament last Thursday and it doesn't show that I'm registered, nor do I know how to register.

I've sent emails to everyone on Absoute's contact list and have gotten ZERO response. Not cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stew,

did they end up taking care of this in time?

Aces

Stew
08-01-2004, 09:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
Bump!

[/ QUOTE ]

Stew,

did they end up taking care of this in time?

Aces

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I forgot to post an update. I was PM'd by two people who gave me direct emails for the CS manager and the Tourney Director. It was resolved inmmediately. Thanks to you and those who PM'd me for the help!

08-01-2004, 10:24 PM
I was in WSOP last year via satellite. It was fun.

Stew
08-01-2004, 10:43 PM
i'm so happy for you troll.